THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, October 3, 2011

I think I Suck at Blogging

It's been over three months since my last post, "I think" is not an accurate title..."I know I suck at blogging"...is much more true to my form.  I started out good but as my successes were passed quite speedily, by my failures, I've noticed that my desire to write is a flame that gets quickly extinguished while my failures zip past.

Today's Question:  "Am I alone in my desire to only tell people about my successes?"

To say that the summer was a complete failure would not be true, but to say that the majority of the summer was an experiment in eating whatever I liked, now that is almost...completely true.  Only almost because I had a three week re-visitation to my Jenny Craig location, lost 12 pounds the first week and then maintained it for a short time before the downward spiral.  I had a wedding in Scotland and I wanted to be a least 20 pounds lighter for it, I did not succeed.  I really didn't want to be the fattest person in Scotland, turns out that all that haggis and fatty food made it easy for me to fit right in.  Who knew?  I managed to gain 8lbs on that two week vacation, it was fabulous.  I know...not the world's greatest dieter...am I?

I'm hoping, now that the summer is over, birthdays all done, at least the major ones that mean way too much ice cream cake and desserts for me...in a row.  June to September is our families busiest birthday season, you can have treats about once a week for 3 months.  Excuses you say...yep...resistance to ice cream cake for me...futile.

I have decided to change my blog as result of weakness and lack of desire to write about my weight struggles and the odd successes daily...or even weekly...okay monthly.  :)

Decisions about my blog:

1.  Fifty One Pounds may get a name change.  (If you have a name that fits tell me...I love input.)
2.  I would rather write about the thoughts that seem to always be rolling around in my brain.
3.  I do love to encourage people and I'd love to do that with my blog, on topics that are not mainly weighty.  
     (Pun intended.)
4.  I am still committed to losing 51 pounds and I still believe I can.  Apparently two years is not the timeline.
5.  Still not quitting until I succeed.
6.  I love telling stories and I'd like to incorporate them into a daily/weekly, depending on how often the stories come...blog post intended to inspire people.  A lofty goal I realize, trust the Holy Spirit will help me.
7.  I love sharing my experiences and the things that have changed me...in any way.
8.  I love Jesus and I would like whatever I write to be a reflection of that.
9.  I'd like this blog to be more interactive, not just comments but thoughts that are worth sharing, experiences that other people have learned from as well.
10. And finally.....................the rest is a mystery that I'm trusting shall unfold as I go.

So...those are my decision/thoughts for the empty pages I shall attempt to fill as I go forward...hoping that I shall not suck at blogging any longer.

I heard J.K Rowling, haven't read any of her books, give an answer to this question.  "How would you like to be remembered.  She said;  "As someone who did the best they could with the talent they had."   That penetrated me to the core.  Because it was exactly what I felt I wasn't doing, using the talent God had given me to the best of my ability.  I was the servant who buried her talent, not entirely but in large enough measure that I knew that word was speaking to me.  I have not used my gifts to their fullest, I have been wasting them. I'm sure mine are buried under a pile of fat somewhere, pick a pound.  I'm learning, slowly I might add, that extra weight makes you slower in every way.  The positive in that sentence is that I"m learning.

Every sunrise brings with it potential...it's a new day and I need to start using all of my gifts...I'm sure some of you do to.

My Prayer:  "Lord help us all to realize and utilize our giftings for Your glory to bless others."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day
   





No comments:

Post a Comment