THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, October 15, 2010

Procrastination!!!!

I'm putting it off, avoiding it, sidetracking, diverting, distracting and a whole host of other wonderful words that blend so nicely with the word....PROCRASTINATION.  Oh dear.  I need to stop.  Even writing this blog is me finding something else to do to avoid what I don't want to do. 

Todays Question:  "What am I trying to avoid?"

Todays answer...finishing the editing on my book.  I've managed to put that off for quite some time. (Joanna you will know how long I've been avoiding this since you did the editing and suggested the changes...does that mean I can shift the blame....could it be your fault...please.)  I'm a sad case and an even more pitiful excuse of a writer. 

How does one motivate when the desire is lacking?  I know I've asked that question before but I still seem powerless to do what must be done, and yet...I know I'm the only one who can.  This applies to my weight struggle as well.  I have quit the excesses that caused a four pound gain, lost two and sit at almost a 14 pound loss since I started this process one year ago.  I can honestly say that procrastination is a serious problem for me in all areas where significant change is needed.  Why does a clean house motivate me and shedding unhealthy weight does not.  Why do I make my bed 98% of the time when no one sees it, but can't finish a book that has the potential to bless others and actually be seen/read?  Why don't I procrastinate when I want something from the fridge?  Can't seem to force myself to exercise although I fantasize about it often.  :)

The whys...they plaque me.  Perhaps they plaque you too, I hope.  Who wants to be alone with their inability to find the answers to the deeper issues in life.  Not I said the goose...not I.  So if you have answers please send them to me.  Please help me to motivate myself.  I'd say I'm in a rut but it appears to be a crater, I can see out but I can't get myself to climb, I keep looking at the dirt...what a procrastinator I am. 

My Prayer:  "Lord help us to help ourselves when we lack motivation.  Guide us to the freedom from the things that bind us in so many ways and remind us of how truly gifted we are.  And please don't let us waste our talents."  Amen!!!

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment