THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Turns Out a Fifty Two Year Old Can Tone

Today's Question:  WHO KNEW?

Not I said the goose.  I'm so surprised by my new found muscles, let me clarify that I'm not going to dawn a sleeveless dress without ensuring that my bat wings, also know as the moving flabby stuff under my arms, are close to my body.  There will be no flag waving for this chickie.  However, the movement since I've been riding my horse for almost three weeks in a row, only missed the couple of rainy days...due to rain...obviously...is considerably lessened.  I'll go with my arms are no longer jello, more like the movement on the water on a windy day, not gail force winds, but not gentle either. 

Also am happy to report that I've gotten a grip with this fruit and veggie fast, haven't dropped anymore weight but have not gained and I think my body is resetting once again.  Oh the returning sinner in me is so powerful at times, so glad God is greater and I do eventually awaken from my drunken stooper...ooops dunken...I meant dunken stooper...as in cookies dunked in tea. 

My mind does seem to be clearing and the fog I created with too much icecream cake is lifting.  I can now see how easy it is to let too muches...yep I said too muches...sneak in and overpower my often weakened mind.  I feel strong at night when I think about all I ate, I get so determined while I lay all cozy in my bed...after the feeding frenzies of course...and I'm positive I will start fresh in the morning.  I assure you that upon rising I do well until something happens, a temptation comes and I crash as fast as a car blowing all four tires doing 160 on the highway.  It happens in a second my freinds...everyone says that. 

Avoiding the crash seems impossible, however filling the tires, changing the tires and slowing down...can and often does prevent such an incident...and that is exactly what I must do.  I've noticed I have more crashes when I haven't filled my tire...as in spare one that circles my mid section.  I give in because I'm hungry...solution fill up on healthy things before going to Costco.  Change the tires...change my mind...stop think and get a new set of thoughts...don't dive hit.  Which leads nicely into.....................slow down.  The other thing I don't do when I'm chin deep in cake or chocolate mousse.  Slow down and enjoy what you have, taste it, enjoy it and end it when it stops being great.  I have got to learn to stop when the wow factor goes and the glutton kicks in. 

So...that's my morning mind...all over the place.  My morning prayer..."God help us to proceed with caution on this journey, be grateful for the many blessings we have... and let us not speed through and miss all that you have so wonderfully and carefully created for our pleasure."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment