THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sundays Off

I have been on my Lent fast now for about two weeks, I have 20 plus more days to go.  So far so good.  Problem?  Sundays off.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever tell yourself that you will be moderate, self controlled and not lose it on your first day off from whatever it is you struggle with and have given up?"

To say....I DO...would be an understatement.  Havings Sunday's off is a wonderful blessing.  The first sunday I ate less than I thought I would, made healthy choices and treated myself to one of those 100 calorie chocolate bars and a few rolos.  Couldn't eat anymore, I was so impressed with myself.  This Sunday, the crazy bell went off in my head and I was ordering bread like the wheat farmers had announced a bread fast for the next ten years.  It was bad people...BAD...bad!  I had bread for breakfast, bread in taco shell form for lunch, it was a salad, and bread with bread for supper.  Tell me...who needs pizza bread with a bread strambolli?  Apparently I do.

I went to bread, did I say bread, I meant bed, with a bloated tummy and some voice of reason trying to penetrate my glazed over state, no doubt my mind was fogged by the yeast I'd consumed rising up from my belly to my brain.  I heard the voice asking; "Why do you do this to yourself?"  No answer, couldn't open my mouth because I was tired from chewing all that yummy crunchy bread.  However, I could still muster up enough emotion to be annoyed with myself.  There is hope for me.

Discovering once again that I'm a slow learner and a big sucky baby who wants what she wants when she wants it.  Pitiful I know.  And yet...I'm the same girl who has successfully been fasting for two weeks.  Something needs to come together in my head and combine this girl with a strong resolve, who is able to commit to things, and this chubby bread eating maniac who won't listen and create a balanced individual.  That is excatly what I need in my life.....BALANCE!!!!!

My Prayer:  "Please help us Lord when our true desires are defeated by our weaknesses and inability to deny ourselves.  Remind us of how truly great and willing You are to help us overcome in all our struggles."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment