THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

So Far....

...not so good as Christmas approaches.  I'm happy to say that I'm only a pound up, that does not normally make me happy but I assure you, it is good news.  This holiday season is proving to be a very trying time for me.  I did something I haven't done for years, I put off shopping until December was upon us.  Not like me at all.  I'm normally the woman people hate, I've got most of next years presents bought right after Christmas at no less than half the cost.  This year the farmhouse purchase on the 6th of December sidetracked me and I just never bought much at all, a few Christmas decorations which I'm loving now and some slippers...that's it.  So I've been at one mall or the another for the past two weeks running around like a mad woman trying to finish my shopping.  NO!  I'm still not done, but I am almost finished.   I can breathe again. 

I've had to put off the Christmas baking, I blame the 3 dozen cookies I baked last week for the weight gain, I forgot that Christmas baking was for guests and somehome consumed almost all those cookies myself.  Not at once thank God, but over the last week and a half.  I'm way too good at baking, and I'm not bragging I'm just saying that I only bake what I love, so...I wouldn't love it if it wasn't yummy.  :)  It may surprise some of you but I'm a picky eater.  I don't beleive in wasting calories on something I think is okay, I only eat what I really like when it comes to fattening treats. 

So now I'm trying the avoidance technic, if I don't bake it...I won't eat it.  Another problem, and it has to do with me and things that are on sale.  So long story short, stupid Costco has Quality Street chocolates on sale.

Todays Question:  "Who decided that chocolate should go on sale?"

Serioulsy...Who?  Should I say Why?  I love knowing Where and When, but What the heck.  How can I resist something I love if it's on sale.  It was the straw people, my back is not that strong I have extra weight to pack...work with me.  No red blooded chocolate loving women that I want to be friends with can resist their favorite chocolates on sale.  They were $4.00 off.  OMG as in gosh.  I caved, are you surprised?  And just so you know I'm not a hopeless case I bought the other chocolates that were on sale too, but like I said, if I cheat I only eat what I love, and those chocolates I can merely tolerate, so I haven't touched them.  Wouldn't it be nice if I hated everything but vegetables and fruit? 

I'm still plowing along, so don't give up if you are plowing with me.  I crash and then I put myself back together again and press on.  I'm sure glad I love salad or I'd be hooped.

My Prayer:  "Lord once again I struggle with change and I know others do too, please strengthen us, guide us and direct our steps.  And please Lord no more sales on chocolates."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment