THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Husbands :)

This morning I was wonderfully aroused by the sound of something that resembled a buzz saw at 5:45am, not as loud I'm sure, but in the quiet of our room it was all I needed to wake up my mind.  Once that starts the hope of sleep is nonexistent and so I quietly played on my iPhone, checking e-mail, facebook status updates and played too many games of bejewelled blitz.  I tried twice to go back to sleep, once around 6:30 and once again about 7:30, that same saw ensured that didn't happen. Funny how no sounds erupted from the sleeping machinery beside me until I tried to go back to sleep.

Today's Question:  "Why are women so careful not to wake a sleeping husband, even if he is NOT so inclined to reciprocate?"

The fact that my husband is busy making me a healthy breakfast may be keeping me from writing the rant I could go on about how irritating it is to wake up to snores.  I could expound on how many times I pick up clothes from around the house, or put away his many shoe/boot choices each day.   I might complain about the lights he leaves on letting me know each and every place he's been, inside and out.  I could say that I'm tired of ironing shirts, washing clothes, and picking up after the only child I have left at home...did I say child I meant person other than myself.  ;)

Let me change direction...I live with a man who never says a word about my weight, never insults me, (oops, unless it's by accident caused by something else husbands tend to do when they don't have shoes/boots on...foot in mouth) he works hard to provide in every way, I live with the handyman who can do almost anything I ask and if he can't he'll find someone who can.  I am adored and I can assure you that there are times when I'm NOT adorable.  I can be a total jerk and then tell him I'm sorry and he acts like it must have somehow been his fault.  He gives...yep...and then he gives some more.  Is he flawless...nope...but then the woman he loves isn't either, and the best part...he thinks I am.

And that is how I feel about husbands...well mine for sure.  I assure you that there are days when I could strangle the man and I'm seriously a nonviolent person.  But then I come home from spending way too much on my children or grandchildren and he acts like it's nothing.  I wake up grumpy, like this morning because I didn't get enough sleep...for obvious reasons...and then he makes me breakfast when I ask after I just barked at him for wanting me to buy smaller bags of coffee.  Ridiculous aren't I...but blessed beyond measure by the man God gave me to love and to be loved by.

Overall I give husbands a 10 out of 10.  For my single readers...don't rush it based on this post, it has taken 30 plus years and alot of work, on both our parts, to get here, however...the rewards are eventually endless.

My Prayer:  "Thank you Lord for husbands and their willingness to give to their families from the strength You give them, motivated I believe by the deep desire (most men have) to bless the people they love." 

Have a Wonderful and Blessed Day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment