THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, May 14, 2011

According to Jenny

That title is not a reference to me, it is however related to Jenny Craig, according to them I have officially lost 11.9lbs since starting their program....once again...two weeks ago Thursday.  So that's good.  I can give credit where credit is due.  The program has been what I needed to smack myself in the head, gently of course, and get back on track.  I've been finding it relatively easy and have managed to avoid temptations of all kinds.  No one is more surprised than I.  :)

Today's Question:  "Why do we quit doing what works and fall back in the pattern of doing what does not.?

Creatures of habit perhaps, or in my case, big baby who wants her cake and would love to eat it too.  When I say cake I'd really rather have a loaf of homemade bread. 

I'm surprised by how different I feel on this third attempt at getting 50lbs off with Jenny Craig, apparently I have a pattern, when I get within 20-25lbs of my goal weight I disappear.  Makes me wonder if I'm afraid of my own success.  Now that I have seen that pattern, somehow the counselor missed it, I plan to attack it face first and fists flying.  No more yielding to a pattern, I mean really I should know better.  So this success in the first two weeks has inspired and shocked me.  All this time I thought I had a horrible metabolism, turns out I eat too much at three sittings, instead of eating less for six...I like that math.  In order to work a metabolism must be fed.  Surprise!  So I'm happy eating six times a day cause it's three times more than I used to.  My next question is how did I miss that on my other two attempts with Jenny Craig?  Sometimes....the girl is slow.

I'm speeding up now.  Looking forward to seeing my fifty one pounds and curious to see what I'll look like at that weight.  It's been well over 30 since I've seen me at that size and I'm certain I'll be spending some time trying to figure out who owns the image in the mirror I'll be looking at. 

My Prayer:  "Lord help us all to go forward when backwards is more comfortable and known."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment