THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Too Much!

So I had the weigh in, it was worse than I thought, but then I weighed on my scale the morning after and I was still 10 pounds down.  Apparently their scale weighs heavier than mine, please note mine weighs exactly the same as the Airlines, so I don't have a cheap scale.  Perhaps Jenny C wants you on the program longer.  Whatever the cause I'm sticking to my scale for my recording of this journey to being 51 pounds lighter. 

Today's Question:  "How often do you weigh?"

I think I weigh too much and it's time for me to put my scale away and take it out once a week after I weigh in with Jenny.  That will be hard because I stand on that scale every single morning.  I had broken that very bad habit once before but returned to it just like I do with so many things I think I've gotten out of my life.  I'm sure some ex-smokers can relate. 

My goal remains the same and I'm still determined to reach it, I'm grateful for help.  Not sure why but I feel stronger now and I pray it lasts.  I was very frustrated that I didn't lose weight during my lent, but I've since taken some responsibility, turns out I can overeat healthy food as easily as I can junk food.  Too much regardless of it's form is still too much....who knew?   :)

I'm still resisting exercise but will be riding my horses more and will to return to the yoga mat and my inversion table.  There is a bike in my garage and a stationary one in the basement...I seem to be like the one in the basement...stationary.  That also must end. 

Change is hard, but change I must.  I have some very stiff hips, and sore muscles...I assure you it isn't from strain.  This sitting thing is hard on a body and so I'm going to have to get moving unless I plan on finding a way to enjoy this pain.  So far that's not working and I've given it a long and serious try.   I'm still hoping that one day I'll wake up and love exercise. 

My Prayer:  "Lord guide us to honesty with ourselves, forgive us when we lie to ourselves and help us to make the changes that will be lasting for our mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

2 comments:

  1. Just an interesting thought: When does the 10 lbs you have lost change to your "current weight" instead of your "weight minus 10 lbs"? What if you changed the name of your blog to 41 pounds and you were 0 pounds down?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...I like that thought but may spiral into depression if I go with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete