THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I find it very difficult to feel anything but this overwhelming sense of joy when Mother's Day comes.  I always feel like I should shower my children in gifts because they have given me more blessings than I'm sure I could ever give them.  Being a mom is my favorite thing, I love being a wife, a friend, etc., but I just always wanted kids and from the moment I met each one of my three babies I've been head over heels in love with them.  I have never once regretted being a mother. 

Today's Question:  "Do you get the value of your children?"

I sure hope so.  There are days when it is hard to be a mom, those sick days have been the hardest on me, I hate seeing my kids suffer in any way.  It's hard to let them go once they've grown and to allow them to make their own choices in life, even knowing the pain that those choices could cause them.  Its hard to shut the mouth to allow them to figure things out for themselves.  I still turn into a mother bear when someone speaks the slightest  word against one of my kids.  I desire to bless them, help them, support them and give myself to help them in any way I can. 

One of the most satisfying aspects of having grown children is discovering that they still want to spend time with you.  I love that my kids like doing things with Gord and I, we are so blessed by their invitations to us to be involved in their lives and the lives of their children on a regular basis. 

I could ramble for days about what a blessing it is to be a mom, I'll close with this. 

Children are truly the greatest teachers, supporters, friends, joys, and pictures of what Gods unconditional love looks like.   Children have been and will always be my greatest blessing and the best gifts ever, on Mother's Day and every other day thereafter.

My Prayer:  "God bless our children as they have truly been the greatest blessings of our life."

Have a Wonderful Mother's Day....We are Blessed!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment