THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bra Shopping!

Todays Question:  "Am I the only woman who really dislikes bra shopping?"

I seriously wish there was some other way.  Three stores, one that ended three letters into the alaphet...I mean seriously there are 26 letters in the alphabet people, could we at least go 6 or seven in before we quit.  I hear bra sizes go all the way up to J, so why on earth would you stop at C?  Do you have any idea how many D cup women I know?  Seriously, we are not rare. 

To be fair, I'm sure the small breasted women would appreicate some minus A's.  I also imagine it is equally as difficult to be fitted when you are very small in stature and large in bust.  Do you think men make bras?  I think they must.  You should see the amazing bras in the perfect sizes.  I was given three wonderful choices for color, black, white and nude.  Nice.  And the industrial strength styling is quite sexy.  Big and ugly. 

I was very happy with two bras I found at Victoria Secret, 38DD, problem, a little "spill".  I'm quoting the assistant.  Do you know they have a buzzer and the girl comes in to have a look at how your girls are fitting in the bra.  Quite an intimate setting, dimly lit to ensure your skin looks amazing.  Little padded chair so you can bury your head in your hands and cry after exhaustion from trying on bra after bra to no avail.  Staffed with women who can contain their horror when they've seen way too many boobs that have gone South.  What a delightful experience. 

Next store, not so concerned about the lights, ready to apoligize quickly when you say you are beyond a C.  Sent me off to the next store, where they go higher, with a smile.

Final store and the straw.  Small but packed full of bras, the girl gave me padding, do I look like I need padding?  After 7 fails she asked if I'd be okay without padding?  Was she kidding?  I assured her I'd be quite happy with less padding.  When I saw the price I was longing for padding, so I'd have a soft place to fall.  $159.00, thanks but no thanks, the $50.00 bra at Victoria Secret that I loved but had a little "spill", was stuck in my brain.  I can lose 10 pounds and wear that bra.  I'm going back next Tuesday and I'm buying both those bras.  Black and nude will be my color choices.  Did I mention that those bras have a beautiful wide back strap that hides the little roll we busty women get to help support or larger chest.  Talk about a bonus. 

So I came home with nothing, but I now have new motivation to lose weight, I seriously have never found a bra more comfortable in my long life.  So if you see me in a week or so in one of my new bras, pardon the "spill"...I'm working on it. 

My Prayer:  "Lord thank you for the wonderful land of blessings that we live in, abundance comes in many forms and we should always be grateful for what we have."

Be Blessed With a Wonderful Day

4 comments:

  1. Oh, bra shopping. It is pure torture. My problem is that most stores don't carry the cup size I need with a band size less than 38 or so. So either the cup is too small or the band is too big. Annoying. Good luck with the VS bras!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to go to Dawn's Bra Boutique-they fit you perfectly and the cost is well worth it. They have an amazing assortment and they fit you perfectly. Well worth the appointment it takes. The best ever! My daughter-in-law told me about it. Good Luck Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the fun and laughs you, Lucy and I had 'bra shopping' at the bazzar in Ukraine - yep brings a smile to my face remember that when you're in the privacy of a change room and not in front of a lot of people putting the bra over your t-shirt....Love you and I'm glad you're writing and so honest....Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so remember that Leanne, we had so much fun. First time I remember having fun bra shopping...likely because you were the one looking. :) And thanks Lorraine I'll give it a try, Joanna, I feel your pain. :)

    ReplyDelete