THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Plowing Along

The title says it all.  Once again I'm down that same pound I think I've lost 100 times, happy it's gone, wondering if it will come back.  That's the truth, wish it wasn't but true at this point.  I'm struggling with the desire to go forward, not having any problem with the excuses I've used a million times over the year.  I'll give you the top ten.

1.  I'll get serious right after Christmas/Easter/Thanksgiving/Birthdays, etc.
2. Way too much going on right now to focus.
3.  I seem to be starving. 

Todays Question:  "Is it possible for a person with more than 50 pounds to lose to starve?"

4.  I'm happy where I am.  (True most of the time, bathing suits and full length mirrors trigger reality.)
5.  I've been sick and I plan to milk it for all it's worth, or chocolate it.  :)
6.  I'm too old to lose weight.
7.  It takes too long.  (Please note I didn't mind how long it took to gain the 50 plus pounds.)
8.  I don't eat as much as other people so it's not fair.  (Insert whine.)
9.  Why aren't I one of those people who forget to eat? 
10. Why don't I like exercise? 

The questions seem to be part of my excuses.  I manage to feel derprived because I wasn't born skinny, don't have better genetics, don't love to workout and think way too much about my next meal.  Even if it's just a sandwich, I'm looking ahead.  Don't like to miss a meal my friends, not one bite. 

So  now what?  I'm going to rejoice in the things that have changed and make myself go forward.
I am moving more thanks to this farm, my horses, and grandkids, and I'm going to the pool, steam room, and hot tub with my husband at least three times a week.  We bought a monthly membership and I plan (please Lord) to take in some of the classes that come with the membership.  I guess the only way to change is to change.  Hello!!

I am going to have to shut down the excuses, get off the couch, shut the fridge door and resist the temptations that will always be present in this world.  Once again I'll need...

Prayer:  "Lord help us to resist those things that so easily turn our heads, whatever they may be, and find our strength in you.  You are more than able, help us to realize that we are able through you."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

2 comments:

  1. I am also 51 years old. I could use 51 pounds. I guess different people have different metabolisms. God bless you. may you maintain your 51 pound status when you are 52.

    ReplyDelete