THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Winter Wannas

Today's title sums up what's been going on with me, I wanna a chocolate, any kind will do, I wanna blizzard, cause one is happening outside, I wanna hot drink with whipped cream to warm me up, I wanna eat something, anything that will bring up my body temperature.  I wanna, I wanna, I call them the winter wannas.  Let's don't even talk about the fact that Christmas is around the corner and the goodies are popping up everywhere.

Todays Question:  "How does one overcome the wannas when one also wants to shed excess weight?"

No doubt brought on by the wannas. 

It all started after I survived my food poisioning episode, I'd lost 6 pounds and instantly went into recovery eating.  The authorities say it's not good to lose weight fast, so I had to listen, I put it right back on.  Three days ago I was back down 15 pounds, I returned to panic mode and started eating chocolates or chocolate bars, either are good.  I'm managed to get back to a 13 pound lose, feeling much better now.  :(

I obviously have a mental block that I'm not finding, even with all this training.  And immediately I wrote that and paused, the answer came.  Christmas!  That time of year when families come together and I become painfully aware of the fact that Calvin will be home for Christmas, as in home with Jesus, but not with us.  Oh why do I always forget that and feed up first.  Couldn't I just remember it and avoid all that junk that never fills the void.

So snap...yes out of it.  I wasn't going to write today, was trying to avoid the up, down, up, down, cycle that I've been in being know to anyone other than me.  Now I"m glad I did.  I often tell people to pause when they are distressed or confused by what they are doing, I need to learn to practice what I preach.  Stop and think Jenny...stop and think.  I must have thought I heard someone say stop and eat, stop and eat some more, I wonder who that was?

My Prayer:  "Lord I rejoice in your birth, love the way you prepared for us to our true home and so look forward to being with you and my baby for an eternity."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment