THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oh Conviction....Get Lost

I'm sitting on my very comfy couch, watchng the snow gently fall in these aboslutely beautiful moutains that surround me in our condo in Radium.  Love, love, love the mountains.  Snow does not even bother me here.  Add to my already wonderful mourning, I'm sipping tea, I'm enjoying some alone time...Gord is sleeping in, and the sound of my dryer in the background makes me feel so warm.  Weird I know...but that's a sound I love, second favortie part is taking warm clothes out of the dryer and hugging them, especially towels...oh so snuggly.

Todays Question:  "What does all that have to do with conviction?"

While I sit on this comfy couch, I keep thinking about the sound of my voice.  The words that come out of my mouth, especially when I think about my husband.  We drove up yesterday afternoon, good trip, no fights, just the sound of my voice that breaks the silence when Gord drives.  "Slow down, you're freaking me out."  "It's slippery, do you have to go so fast."  He's doing the speed limit.  Crazy man I know.  "Do you know that every time you sip your coffee you wander all over the place.  Can't you focus on two things at once?"  Head shake, eye roll injected whenever and as frequently as necessary. 

Hold on...it gets worse.  The mountains are beautiful driving up, I see this beautiful heart shaped tree patch on the side of the mountain.  "Wow look at that."  He looks.  "Okay never mind, keep your eyes on the road."  He tries to look again.  "You are blind man, quit looking, watch the road."  Earlier I'd seen a hippo head.  "Look at the hippo head in the mountain, little ears and head just like the ones I saw in Africa, head and ears sticking out of the water."  "That's not a hippo."  He states.  I'm amazed he saw it.  "It only has one ear."  He adds.  "Well it had two but it took you so long to see it the view changed. Man you suck at this."  Yep not nice I know.  The grand finale....he reaches out and puts his hand on my shoulder and says something about something...obviously I wasn't listening.  I say quickly, "I didn't hear you I was too shocked by the fact that you touched me."  Oh people I'm a keeper I tell you.  In my defense I did not marry the snuggle muffin or the King of compliments.   I did however marry a man who has a remarkable ability to put up with my nagavating...as he called it yesteray as we drove. 

My conviction.  I'm not very nice to my husband sometimes.  And the more couples I counsel, either for pre-marriage or marriage, the more I realize that the biggest problem all couples have, myself included in that all, is the tounque.  For some reason I think I'm allowed to talk to Gord like this, I mean he's got my life in his hands when he drives.  Right?  Of course I'm a superior driver.  And then more conviction...why do I treat the man I want to spend the rest of my life with the worst.  I see his faults, I assure you he has them, but when he got me....oh the man was blessed.  "When a man gets a wife he gets a good thing."  I love that scripture.  True most of the time.  But this is always true of my husband...always!  He takes such good care of his family.  Is he a talker, not always...more of a drag it outter.  Does he always express how beautiful and fabulous we all are...rarely, unless we talk about Tessa...good gravy the man is mush around Tessa.  He loves and wants what's best for his sons and when they struggle his heart truly aches for them.  I forget what a blessing it is to have a hard working, supportive, beleive in me man...at my side.  Some men suck...for the record and need to work on their lives....some women...same. 

The conviction I feel is justified.  Tame your tounque you wild woman.  You've been blessed with a man who is your perfect match....he's not perfect and truthfully...that's the match.

My Prayer:  "Help us Lord to guard the words of our mouth and the attitudes of our hearts as fiercely as the fires that burn.  Remind us of how truly blessed we are to have someone to share our lives and our burdens with and thank you that we are truly never alone."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

2 comments:

  1. Great post, we do take them for granted and I know for myself I would be lost without my husband my best friend. And you have made me realize that I recently maybe haven't been very nice talking to him. And this is also something I have been talking to him and not with him.
    Again great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Medifast Coupons. :)

    ReplyDelete