THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Triggers...And I Don't Mean Roy Rogers Horse. ;)

A couple of days ago I was sitting in our guest room admiring my beautiful granddaughter Scarlett, she was admiring herself in the mirror.  Sad to admit it but I have a guest room with a huge closet with mirrors...essentially a wall of mirrors, just what I needed.  Once again I was faced with the image of some fat woman who I was sure couldn't be me...but was.  Shocking!  I was sure my sitting side profile should be better by now so I made the assumption quickly that it must be the mirror.  I looked at Chantel's image in the mirror, same small beauty she's always been, checked out Scarlett in the mirror, same adorable little chubby cheeks.  No change.  Looked at their images again, looked at mine, ran screaming out of the room.  No I never...just wanted to.  ;)

Todays Question:  "Do you know what a trigger is?"

It is a emotional response to something, you see, hear, feel, taste, etc., that causes an instant emotional reaction, that can be either positve or negative.   It is called a trigger because it is like a rapid firing in your brain, sometimes you are conscious of it, sometimes you are not.   However, you always react when triggers are fired.  So my trigger, that seemingly unchanged image of myself in the mirror.  I knew it bugged me because I thought after dropping 23lbs total since the last time I'd seen a stange fat lady where I should be,  that I'd be happier with my mirror image.  Not!!!  So how did I react, well I just sucked it up, or so I thought and went on with my evening. 

And then came the morning, ate normal but was all of sudden in need of cookies, or chocolate, anything sweet.  I enlisted my daughter and grandsons company and off we went to the Organic Market, where I promptly sampled anything and everything that did not have anything in it that would break my 21 day fast,  I'm allowed only natural foods and no sugar.  I found yummy cookies, and a spectacular organic choclate bar with almonds and beet sugar, yep from a beet, that's natural.  So I ate those, surprisingly not all of them.  What was the problem?  I realized that my trigger was fired the day before and my brain did it's natural response a day late.  There is hope for me you see my friends ..I didn't go find the treats right away I waited a day.  Let's forget the fact that the Organic Market isn't open on a Sunday night okay?  Whatever!  I still never ate them all...still have some left and it's Wednesday. 

I decided to look in that mirror again and I realized that I looked much better standing up now, straight on, sideways and backwards.  Note to self...never walk into that bedroom naked.  No telling how many triggers would fire that day...I'm thinking machine gun.  ;)

I'm still 13 pounds lighter and I'm still doing very well as a Vegetarion, I am self-diagnosing my problems and maintaining some control over them.  Baby steps granted...but still moving forward.

I hope the next trigger I come across is a beautiful palamino horse. 

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day and God grant you the desires of your Heart.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I really need to figure out what my triggers are. I know there are more than just the one (boredom) I know about. This past week, I've been ravenous for sugar, and giving in most of the time. Just this morning I baked some sticky buns...now I need to convince Kevin to eat them so that I don't ;-)

    ReplyDelete