THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Big Underwear 2

I'm feeling the need to go back to Invermere and find myself a new 6 pack of $5.00 big underwear.  I'm wanting a little extra security this month and I'm not sure why.  Could be because the world seems to be spinning out of control, fires, floods, tornadoes, tsunamis and mosquito infestations.  I had to include Edmonton in this list somehow...and we have some very large and early mosquito swarms.  My husband tells me they blew in when we had those extreme winds. 

Today's Question:  "Why can't what blew in blow right back out?"

I realize that dealing with mosquito swarms is not that big of a deal, especially when I think of the 6,000 people whose homes burned in the Slave Lake fire.  So happy no one died in those fires.

I do know that my big underwear is a false sense of security, however I still maintain that hanging by a string in that department does not make me feel confident.  Who would want to snap a thong in the middle of a counseling session.  Not I said the goose.  I'm noticing a trend in my last six pair purchase, holes...small little ones granted, but all 6 pairs are showing some serious signs of overuse.  I was only wearing them on Tuesdays for counseling day...now I'm rifling through my other 50 plus pairs to find 1 overly washed big pair to put on.  I've been washing clothes way more often to keep my availability up...that's positive.  ;)

It would appear that the wind that blew me into that store and gale forced me to buy those pairs of big underwear was more powerful than I thought.  I"m now fighting the urge to fill the three drawers I have for my dedicates with items that don't even remotely look "delicate".  I'm hoping I solve this problem with another problem I have....I'm cheap... in some ways.  Once I've gotten 6 pairs for $5.00 I can't pay more.  I mean really they should be giving those giants away.  :)

I will intentionally be making different choices this week and I'm hoping that will spill over into several other areas of my life.

My Prayer:  "Help us lift up our eyes to the hills Lord, as our help truly does come from you."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day



No comments:

Post a Comment