THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yikes!

Sad to say that I had to go back two weeks to find my last post.  Not doing very well at my blogging, doing much better with my eating though...so that's good.  I've been successful with Jenny Craig for the most part, grads, birthdays and parties have been very hard on poor Jenny.  :)

Today's Question:  "Does it ever seems like backwards is forward for you?"

It does for me...so often.  I've had several meetings with my new consultant and I've noticed a pattern.  Good thing I'm so well trained or I may have missed it.  ;)   I can justify any weight loss with a wonderful series of well thought out excuses.  For example, "I have gained a pound but I've discovered that I can say no so it's all good."   To which my consultant replies; "That is good, it's not just about weight loss."  I smile and nod.  Smiling because I've convinced her or because she's working to keep me coming back...not sure which. 

I am down 10lbs and that's a good  thing in light of the last couple of months.  Obviously some things have changed or I'd be up 20lbs...that's my normal pattern.  I continue to be committed to this process regardless of how pitiful my results are.  I'm sure that should get me a few points, if we were walking this journey on points, instead of pounds.  I wish! 

I have discovered Oolong tea, it has been proven to speed the metabolism and aid the body in fat burning.  Who wouldn't love a tea like that?  It has already eased this grandma's stiff joints quite remarkably so I'll be making it my drink of choice from now on.  I'll let you know if it works on burning fat...Lord knows I'll test that theory to the max.

My Prayer:  "Be strengthened in your innermost parts by our most Holy God.  His love for you is unending and is matched by His desire to see us overcome.  Lord help us all to press on."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment