THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Waking Up!

It seems that life is a series of wake up calls...and I'm just waking up.  I finally feel like I'm in a place where I can go forward...no matter how slow on a more balanced level...into this place called eating better and moving more.  Finally!

Today's Question:  "Do you believe it's better to get somewhere eventually than to not arrive at all?"

I do!!!!  On every level.  It has taken me a very long time to figure out that just because I have a bad meal...once in a while...I do not need to plunge head first into every treat I can find to make a bad choice a series of bad choices.  I can stop at the ice cream cake and avoid a feeding frenzy for the next meals.  Who knew?   Not me that's for sure.  Now that I've got it I intend to keep it and it has truly been working.

I've seen no serious weight drop, however I've maintained my almost ten pounds for a month because when I have a ton of events, birthdays, bbq's, and special days, I've quickly grasped reality again and returned to Jenny Craig.  I have to say that the weigh in part is very good for me...helps me to get a grip on Monday if the weekends been sketchy.  I weigh every Thursday so that in itself has helped me immensely.  I shall press on.

Exercise is slowly coming into my life, trying to do more yoga, rode my bike a couple times, some flower gardening and serious house cleaning is helping me to shape up.  If these beautiful days continue I shall be riding the mosquito magnet more often as well...that would be my horse, I'm sure those mosquito only see 1000lbs of blood when they look at him.  :)  I shall never wear black tights to ride again...they thought I was a continuation of him...16 bites on my leg that day...scratch..scratch.

So...I do feel like I'm waking up to the reality that I have caused this problem and I can solve it.  Truly this was not some invisible force making me fat...it was me.  Hand to mouth..fist to mouth if it's popcorn and why can't I have ice cream if everyone else is...poor...poor me.  I have reaped what I've shown and that means I can do it again...only this time I plan to be happy with what I reap.

My Prayer:  "God bless us with strength and empower us by your Holy Spirit to make the changes in our life that will reap a beautiful harvest.  Loving you beyond measure and thanking you for change."

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment