THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Motivation Needed

As the title clearly relates...I need some serious motivation...I've got nothing.  I have moments where I feel like I can do this and then reality hits hard.  Last night I went out for a beautiful dinner with my handsome husband.  One of those very high end places where you could buy 6 live chickens for the price of the meal.   It was delicious, so worth it, but first comes the bread, then the french onion soup, which I normally hate but it was so good, then a nice salad, all included with the Neptune Chicken Gord wanted us to have,  two chicken breasts stuffed with cheese and shrimp on top.  Definitely not a Jenny Craig meal.  Duh!

Today's Question:  "Why do I always see a free dinner as free?"

It will take force to go to my appointment tomorrow morning...I knew it was weigh in day but I ignored that until now.  This morning I said no to the smorg and had toast and eggs, I'm not utterly hopeless I just have these weak moments.   I've been very busy trying to get myself to exercise, that's  not as easy as it sounds I assure you.  Motivation...where are you?

I have fought the urge to just quit, still fighting it.  I keep telling myself that I'm fine, other people look worse, and yes others look better....I'm just not the fattest fish in the sea.  Ok, I'm not the skinniest either.   This is a very frustrating and ridiculous thing, this battle of the bulge....did I say bulge...I meant bulges. 

My Prayer:  "Wisdom please Lord, I lack wisdom, motivation and good choices in this area of my life.  Help all who struggle with this like I do.  I just want what I want when I want it and I know how immature that is."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jenny,

    We are huge fans of Fifty one pounds over at Glam Media! We’re one of the top 10 online media companies in the US and would love for you to help pilot our new Health & Wellness Community at Bliss.com, slated to launch in the coming weeks.

    If you’re interested, please contact me about joining our community for the launch!

    Cheers,

    Sandy Hayashi
    Community Partners Editor
    Glam Media
    sandyh@glam.com

    ReplyDelete