THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Changing It Up

I have now decided, after my failed attempts to write everyday, that I will write when I feel inclined. Committing to write no less than a couple times a week will be a much more attainable goal. I hope. :)

Todays Question: "Do you resist change like I do and find yourself changing all the time?"

I hope so. I loved writing for the first year, missed blogging on the days I didn't. But now...I'm struggling to write and so I'm thinking that since I've changed, without realizing it once again, I guess I need to adjust. So instead of beating myself up for not writing more often, I will write as I feel led, and please know that I am not quitting this 51 pound journey. I will arrive and that blog post will be huge, since I'll be smaller. :)

I had been maintaing my 15 pound drop like a good soilder, I was getting a grip, but I've since learned that grips are unreliable. They come and go. Rude!!!! I'm a pound up. It may or may not have something to do with desserts, once again the sweet tooth I'm sure I don't have has been exposed at the root. Maybe I need to profess that I don't normally have a sweet tooth, that is true. I would much rather have a smorgasboard of breads than desserts, but chocolate mousse and cream cheese pumpkin muffins are wearing me down. Perhaps it's my medication for that exposed root. :)

I really don't want to quit, I really did mean it when I said I wasn't stopping until I lost 51 pounds. Now I'm concerned that my mind is weaving it's way around the goal and the committment like a spider weaves it's wonderous yet diabolical web.

Here are my most recent thoughts;

1. You've got years to lose this weight you set no timeline.
2. People get slimmer as they get older and apparently can't eat as much...wait it out.
3. You are going through menopause, nobody would blame you for emotional eating your hormones are wacked....(to say the least).
4. You are too angry to watch what you eat...(hormone related and sadly so true, I get so mad at objects these day. Ok, and sometimes my husband.)
5. It's toooooo hard and I'm toooooo old.
6. I look fine. (Too bad I don't feel fine...just heavy, in so many ways that have nothing to do with weight.)

You get my point I have a ton of excuses. Too bad they are not good enough for me.

So end result, changing how often I write but still committed, or should be. ;) Going to work at destroying the lies I tell myself, hitting them with the cold hard truth whether I like it or not,

My Prayer: "Lord....HELP...please."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA. Loved number 2 the most. Related to number 4 the most.

    ReplyDelete