THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, September 6, 2010

Good News

I can't weigh this morning, well I could but my husband is sleeping in on this wonderful Labour Day weekend and I just don't feel to wake him up. Since he labours so hard. :)

The good news title is meant to reflect how wonderful it was to go to a church that is 10 minutes away, realize while I'm sitting in it that it was the last place we went to church with all three of our kids, and love the Pastor's message. Biblically sound, funny, relative and God inspired. Wow! It looks like we have found our new church home at Ellerslie Road Baptist. I guess I got my degree from a Baptist Seminary for a reason.

Todays Question: "Am I the only one who struggles with trust?"

I know God will lead me but I'd like him to do it in my time. I also know that His timing is so much better than mine. I was beginning to doubt that we'd ever find the place for us, however, doubting Jenny has been silenced. Happily!!!

Applying trust to those slow moving answers to prayer, hopes for sold houses, seeing changes in self and others is hard. I keep hoping I'll wake up one day and be tired of food, only eat when I'm hungry, and just drop weight effortlessly, without exercise. What a dreamer!

Change is hard, but necessary. Change means I have to do something different. Change means I'm not 100% sure I'll recognize myself and I'm not always comfortable with that thought. Could be why I lack action.

Sometimes I wonder who I'll be if I change entirely, in all my areas of weakness. Somedays I doubt I'll ever change. You see the horrid cycle that spins like my washing machine in my brain. Oh what I'd do for a stop button.

My Prayer: "Lord help us all when we resist change. Remind us that being comfortable isn't always the best thing for us and help us to find those paths that lead to our healings, mentally, emotionally, physically and most especially spiritually."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment