THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting a Grip

Finally can say that I had a good day, wise choices, avoided the sweets, although Gord's chocolate bar nearly did me in. I chose the healthy bar from Costco instead. Result...back to a comfortable 15lbs lighter once again.

Todays Question: "Do you ever surprise yourself?"

I do...often. On Monday morning I was hit with a huge craving for chocolate. No surprise I gave in, Christan and I were happy girls eating our chocolate. However, when I made the decision to cave I made another decision...and that surprised me. Have the choclate bar(s), whatever, ride bike for no less than half an hour. We rode 6 miles. Yep, 40 minutes. Apparently for the young Ms. Miller, easy and slow, for the 52 year old Grandma, yikes, slow down you crazy woman. I felt so much better on so many levels. Happy I got the chocolate, happy I rode bike to make up for it, so pleased I didn't skip the bike ride, that wouldn't have surprised me I 'may' have done that in the past. :)

Yesterday was a busy day and when I got home I cooked supper, a leftover creation, danced, ate, danced. Who says you can't exercise while you cook, after you eat, etc? I'm going to make a serious effort for a change, I need to exercise to see results. I hate to admit it but those people who have been saying that for years appear to be right. Crap! Pardon my language.

I want to go to Hawaii after Christmas and I would love to be no less than 20 pounds lighter. I think that's a reasonable goal and I need to succeed. Feel free to motivate me, pray for me, give me a sound talking too should I be slipping, lectures are good too. I fear I may regret writing that.

My Prayer: "Lord help us make the hard changes in our life."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

2 comments:

  1. continue to love your openness - love that this is a journey - not a quick fix :)

    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good Jenny & proud of you for that wonderful exercise. Girls need chocolate as we face those changes in life:) Good on ya: )WJM

    ReplyDelete