THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's Going Well...Thank God.

It been a week since my last post and to my surprise I have not gone crazy. Remarkable I know. I've been eating more healthy foods and less of them, both good. I've been exercising more in these last few days than I would have chosen too, but...and I do mean butt...which is sore, I'm liking the results. Not seeing it on the scale but feeling a strength in my muscles that I haven't felt for years. I've even allowed myself some treats, in moderation and usually when I know I'll be doing something to wear them off. I've surprised myself...I love the results of my work, not surprised I'm sore everywhere. It's hard for goodness sake...so hard.

Todays Question: "Do you ever gain appreciation for someone or something by going out and doing it yourself?"

The saying is true, "Walk a mile in my mocassions", until you do it you can't imagine what it's truly like. I've been a gutter installer this week, a labourer this week and a English rider in training. Three things I thought looked easy, three things I found very hard. Not killer hard like hauling concrete, but hard enough for this out of shape 52 year old. Shouldn't I be sitting in a rocking chair relaxing on the porch? I can tell you that almost every muscle in my body hurts, arms ache, neck and shoulders sore from holding back my 1200 lb horse, yeilding a hammer on the rip and tear of the barn, back is not sore even though I packed debris, lifted a metal scaffold multiple times and climbed that thing too many times to count. I think the climbing up and down the scaffold explains the sore fanny. ;)

My point, life is full of surprises. Sit down this is going to be hard for you to beleive and a little shocking. I liked it. Yep...liked being the gutter helper, liked ripping and tearing the barn up, liked English riding. Who knew? Not me that's for sure. This weekend was filled with hard physical work, from Friday to today, we are not quite done yet, but church first, then finishing touches. I'll be riding again which makes three days in a row, one hour and half rides. Amazing I can still sit or stand. So surprised by how hard it is to ride English, I've been a western rider all my life and I assure you it's way easier. I've been the cleaner for my handsome handyman, which I guess gives me labour experience, however, I've never been the assitant on major projects. I still cleaned, I can't help it, it's compulsive. Knowing when I look at the newly opened up stall for my horses, the gutter on the side of the barn, and my English stirrups, that I've done something new, and built something lasting makes me feel really proud. I've got skills I never knew I had. Yeehaw!!

It is remarkable what we can discover about ourselves when we try new things, dare to do what we've never done before no matter how big or how small they may be. I doubt I'll be jumping out of plane anytime soon, I've not yet lost connection with my head, if I do my handsome handyman will be the first to let you know, he's alwasy wanted to jump from a plane. Something wrong with that man, but I still love him.

My Prayer: "Lord help us to try new things, do things we've never done before and to always be surprised and amazed by the good things you have given us to enjoy in this beautiful place you prepared for us."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment