THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Oh Dear!

I am lacking motivation and they say that motivation does not magically appear, you have to move to make it happen. I don't like what "they" say.
It would appear to be true though, since I'm writing and I don't feel like it.

Todays Question: "Do you feel like committment is a difficult thing at times?"

I do!!!! I'm trying to convince myself that I only committed to this process for one year, since a year has passed my mind tells I'm done with this. The problem, reading my own blog page intro line proves otherwise. "...not quitting until I'm done." I do remember writing other similar things. ;)

I have not dropped those two pounds, maybe it's the desserts I've been having, did I say maybe? It started on the 25th of August and has yet to end. I guess my birthday triggered my sweet tooth, you know the one I never thought I had. I'm clinging to my 15 pound loss and wondering why I've slipped back into those old habits I thought were gone.

I guess this 51 pound journey is going to be heavier than I thought. I need to refocus, recommit, redirect and close my mouth. I need to remember that this is what I want, these are my goals and my desires to live a healthier, more active life. I really do want to be the Grandma who does things with her grandchildren, I mean other than knitting and watching TV.

I need to concentrate on what I truly want, what's true, what's lovely and what's pure. All these lies swirling around in my mind that say; you can't do this, you'll never lose 51 pounds,or the worst one, you don't want too, need to be destroyed. I think it's time to clean house, sweep the cowwebs out of my brain and remember that this is what I want.

My Prayer: "Lord help us to press on when we feel pressed. Remind us that we can do all things with you. Nothing and no one, including ourselves is greater than You are. Help us to focus on the truth and reject the lies."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment