THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh Happy Day

The countdown ends, the day has arrived...tonight my daughter, her wonderful husband and the most adorable little Zayin come home. Ater 21 days of missing them, and the occassional moaning and groanings, I am still alive. Whew! That was close.

Todays Question: "Do you ever wonder how parents survive when their children live in foreign countries...permanently away from them?"

I do. I have that threat hanging over my head as that same daughter would love nothing more than to live full time in Italy. I'm grateful that for now, their plans are here in Edmonton.

I apologize for the "occasional" moanings I have done. I told you I love my kids second only too Jesus and my husband, so you should have known this would be a rough 21 days. Now...I have to wait for 12 hours and 35 mins for their plane to come in, I can make it.

I will be the happy blogger once again. I'll work harder now to write more often as I've lacked the inspiration I often get from my children surrounding me. I will focus, stop whining, stop complaining, etc. Wow, I need work and this may be hard. I have noticed that whining and complaining become normal after a time. They resemble the cravings I get for sugar once I cave in, I need it, want it, have to have it. This could be an interesting series of changes. I wonder if I'll go through whining/complaining withdrawal in the same ways I do sugar withdrawal.

I'll keep you posted. I'm still happily 15 pounds lighter and still getting a grip. Not perfect but much better. Truly this process is one of daily making the right choices. Sounds like life dosen't it?

My Prayer: "Lord help us all to survive the high and lows of life, equip us for every good work and remind us that we truly have so much to be grateful for. A heart of gratitude is such a beautiful thing."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

1 comment: