THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, January 7, 2011

Cooked Yesterday

Today's title may seem like a big deal to some of you fabulous and daily cookers, for me it was the first supper I've made since the New Year that was an actual prepared from scratch meal.  Sad I know my friends but painfully true.  I'm truly not a fan of cooking, until I get started and then I enjoy it, once tasted I can honestly say I like my own cooking.  Not bragging just stating the facts since you all know I don't eat what I don't like it's really a no brainer.  :)

Today's Question:  "Does the monotony of some tasks ever just wear you out?"

For example, the laundry that never ends, the dishes that always have to be washed, the counters wiped a zillion times, the ironing, the cooking, the watching what you eat, the endless lists like this one.  Oh and since I'm writing as I lay in bed, the bed I have to make every morning lest some stranger comes to look at the water system and comes up stairs, because my husband thinks this whole house should be seen by everyone.  What's up with that?

I wish I could tell you I'm tired of the day in day out exercising that I've done for years, we all know that's a fat lie.  I do enjoy hanging upside down on my new inversion table, if I ignore the pull on my ankles from the weight they hold, I truly do feel so weightless when I'm hanging.  I also enjoy bed stretches, so far I'm not tired of that.  I'm a regular Jane Fonda.

I've been thinking about weighing since before I started to write but I'm tired of the monotony of that as well.   Up down, up down, I'm just staying off today and I may leave my bed unmade.  Unless the tour guide shows up with another contractor of course, then I'll race upstairs in my pj's to perfect the room like I did two mornings ago.  And since I cooked yesterday, and that was the first for 2011, I'm not due to cook again until the 14th of January.  So far the monotony of someone elses cooking hasn't bothered me a bit.  Good news!

I know that in the midst of my monotony I'm so blessed to have all these modern conveniences, please allow me a little grumble, I do love having a car, a house, appliances, etc., I'm just anxiously awaiting the invention of the servant robot.  That's all.  :)

My Prayer:  "Lord I never get tired of You, the people I love, this beautiful world You made for us and kindness.  Help us all to be loving, see our beauty and enjoy the many gifts You have given."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment