THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Out of the heart....

...the mouth speaks."  And that is one of my most favorite scriptures and one of my least favorite depending on how my mouth is speaking on any given day. 

Todays Question:  "Do you ever see someone whose heart is so easy to read it's inspiring?"

Yesterday I went to the farmer's market to get some vegetables, in preparation for my Daniel fast that starts Monday, Tessa and Zayin were with me and I was in charge of getting the stroller from the car.  I was a little pokey at my task so they were already inside waiting.  Working on my balance in the slush was a challenge but I was happy, the sun was shining. I was a little slow moving so I wasn't surprised when a man walked past me, I was surprised when he said.  "Hi."  No great statement, no amazingly new comment, nothing to write home about.  Just "Hi."  However, I could tell that this man, who was likely in his 40's, was by the worlds standards handicapped mentally.  His simple "Hi", was spoken again as I watched him passing a women heading out of the mall as we were making our way in.  She acknowledged him and then I dropped my shopping bag, I try to be a good recycler, I usually forget the bags in the car.  With my arm full of stroller and purse I did manage to pick up the bag, the woman was about to help me.  Inspired by my new friend, Mr. Hi man, no doubt.  I smiled at her and said, "Isn't it nice when someone is so friendly."  She looked puzzled at first but then realized I was talking about the man who said hi to both of us, she smiled and continued on her way.

I walked into the mall thinking that it's funny, in that sad way, that the world calls that man handicapped.  He said one word...HI...but that word was so packed full of genuine heart felt love toward his fellow human beings that it was tangible, I felt it go right through my rushed state and penetrate my heart.  I smiled at him and said hi right back, the lady coming from the mall responded to him but I couldn't hear it, she avoided eye contact and keep walking.  However, he impacted her I beleive, as she quickly bent down to help me get my shopping bag.  "Out of the heart the mouth speaks."  The power in one word when it comes from a heart so full of love amazed me yesterday and it is still amazing me today.

How do I get to the place where my heart is filled with so much love for the people around me that they feel it?  Whether I say one word or twenty....how indeed?

My Prayer:  "Lord create in all of us hearts so beautiful we inspire others.  Forgive us for using our words to hurt, remind us that we can use them to heal and the result are so much greater.  Let our hearts speak love remembering how unconditional and amazing your love is for us."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

2 comments:

  1. Out of your innermost being will flow rivers of living water...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rivers of living water. :)

    ReplyDelete