THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Mornings

I love Sunday mornings, especially when I'm the only one up and the house is quiet.  I have to sneak out of the bedroom so I don't wake my sleeping husband, tip toe down the stairs and do every thing on stealth mode, a challenge in the dark, I don't like turning lights on unless I have to.  I make my way to my favorite spot on the couch after turning on the Christmas tree lights, open up my laptop and begin the journey that is always a mystery to me.  Will I write, read status updates, play a game or go searching for something completely different.  Such adventure.  I'm going to miss the tree lights when I finally take them down and I'm going to have to buy softer lighting, the light from a Christmas tree is so gentle.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever put off taking down your decorations because you love how they look?"

I struggle to put them away every year.  This year I'm going slower  because I was so pokey getting them up.  The new house needed two new trees to make up for my 12' tree that no longer fits, I missed my cathedral ceiling for the first time this year.  However, the farmhouse decorated is a thing of beauty and every decoration I had looks completely different.  The ones I bought last year when they were 75% off fit this house perfectly as well, it's like it was meant to be.  :)

The snow we have had in abundance, over the last couple days, has turned this farmhouse into a winter wonderland and I have to tell you...it is stunning.  Not fun to drive in, but so beautiful to look at.  I love the contrast that is winter.  Looks beautiful on the trees and in the fields but is so ugly to drive or work in.  I'm so glad I'm not in the snow removal industry.  I'm sure I'd lose some of my love for snow.  Equally as glad that we have a tractor to move the snow that comes in such huge drifts that you need hip waders to walk through it.  Good thing we have four doors out of this house or we would actually be snowed in.  That wouldn't be all bad.

This winter so far has been a series of unusually warm days and intensely cold ones and now...snowy blizzard days.  I think I like winter so much because it is a picture of what we can be like, beautiful and warm sometimes, ice cold and miserable at others.  I still love the warmth that only a good furnace or fireplace can bring, reminds me that I too should bring warmth to the people I love.  I must learn to keep my ice cold stares and freezing remarks to myself.  I need to work harder to get the drifts out of my life, purcharse warmer clothes, as opposed to storing body fat to stay warm, and drive my life with as much attention to detail as I do my car in these conditions. 

My Prayer:  "Lord let the warmth of your unconditional love carry us all through the blizzards and storms a life can bring.  Remind us that we..."can do all things through Christ who gives us strength."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment