THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Back to Normal

Let me clarify, some of you who know me well may be questioning my title.  I'm not normal, I know this, however my weight has returned to 14 pounds lighter and I'm only in half as much pain now.  Thank God.  I also decided that I needed to become more aware of how I ate, how much I ate and how hungry I was.  That Ms. Sneaky from yesterday's blog was getting powerful again and I made a decision to become very conscious of what I put in my mouth.  So yesterday I ate a half of my lunch because I was satisfied with that, Gord had Chinese food leftovers for dinner, we were both happy.  Thanks Tessa for the half you didn't eat...your dad was full.  :)

Todays Question:  "Do you ever feel like eating is something you do on another planet?"

I do.  So often things are going in my mouth and I'm totally unaware.  That is until I lay in my bed recalling all I ate during the day.  Yes I do that.  I call it the, "I only had this list."  Silly I know but it helps me be real about what I'm eating.  Going over that list in my head can either put a smile on my face or make me gringe.  Thankfully as of late I smile more than I gringe.  It has been a very long time since I can remember being so full I was in pain.  I do not have a short memory when it comes to food so it's been 9 months to be exact.  There are days when I'm disappointed with how slow this is going, I'm sure some of you wonder if I'll ever get there so I'll quit posting blogs.  Sorry about that.  No one expected this to be over with faster than I did.  Obviously I was back on another planet when I thought that. 

Overall I'm very happy with my progress.  It is slow I realize but it is happening.  I'm not overeating, I'm recognizing when Ms. Sneaky shows up.  I'm exercising in new ways that I like and making myself move more.  You have no idea how much time I can spend sitting, that change has been huge.  I feel better in all my clothes and although I still struggle with those man are you fat thoughts every once in a while, I've learned to love myself and see my own beauty regardless of the flaws.  It has been such a blessing to know that in some small way this process has helped you.  Thank you for walking with me and for reading my ramblings.  I seriously could not have gotten this far without your support.

My Prayer:  "Lord bless each person who reads, follows, supports me with comments and encourages me to press on.  I am so grateful.   Help us all to find our way to healing the areas of our lives where victory is possible one day at a time."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you tapped by my blog so I could find yours! What a great writing voice. I totally agree with you about the moving = gain, but only temporary. I am finding the same results and I have also found the patience to wait it out. Thanks for making me feel "normal" ;)
    Hugs, Kirsten

    ReplyDelete