THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Forward Ho!

This is me this morning...I'm forward ho...ing.  I think that's a new word.  I had a wonderful weekend, didn't go crazy overeating, did however enjoy way more bread on those days at the hospital than normal.  I know God says that man cannot live on bread alone but I love it enough that I think giving it a shot would be fun.  Be assured I know the rest of that scripture and know I've used it out of context.  Don't want to be a false teacher.  :)

Todays Question:  "Do you ever wonder what makes a food your favorite?"

So many peope in this world with so many different likes and dislikes.  I've tried to love my husbands favorite thing in the drinking world.  That would be coffee.  I've disquised it in many ways, that sugar syrup, better.  Tons of cream and sugar, gross.  I can almost stand the French Vanila kinds, but still can't drink a cup...too much...too disgusting.  I can say I enjoy it as an Iced Cap from Tim's but if they don't put in enough cream, yuck.  I think I've finally given up trying to like it.  It does wake me up when I'm dozing off, but I think I'd really rather sleep.  I'm sure that I'll always hate coffee.  I know hate is a powerful word but if you saw my face after I drink coffee you'd see it is the right word. 

Where am I going with this one?  Well, let me tell you, I'm trying to figure out why I eat things I don't really enjoy and drink things I can't stand because of some strange thing in my brain that tells me I must like them, because other people do.  Isn't that silly.  And how often do you do it?  We are strange us humans...at least this one is.

So, new goal, don't eat what I don't like, don't make yourself like something that isn't good for you and regardless of your goals....forward ho!

Mr Prayer:  "God bless us with wisdom, it seems to be in short supply."

(I'm speaking for myself Lord and anyone else who does silly things like I do.)

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment