THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, May 24, 2010

Was it Worth the Wait?

It has been three days since I wrote and I'm so sorry but this beautiful little girl, who had us waiting for 21 mins short of one week, finally decided on Friday, May 21, 2010, to bless us with her arrival.  She was totally worth the wait.  This Grandma is already so in love with her adorable little face, her beautiful blonde hair, that matches her daddy's spikes without gel, and her big blue eyes.  She is healthly and such a happy little baby. 

Todays Question:  "Do you ever wonder why Dr.'s say a baby is overdue when there is no way they can know exactly when they are conceived?"

Gordon and I do.  They shouldn't call it a due date they should call it our best guess, give or take a  week or two.  We are very happy little Scarlett Lee came when she felt like it.  I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have a little girl named after me.  Lee is my middle name and Scarlett is the first grandchild with my name in hers.  Gordon and Chantel really know how to make someone feel loved and special, I also got to name Zayin so, double whammy for Grammy.  :)

Waiting for our little Scarlett Lee reminded Grandma that anything truly remarkable is worth the wait.  And although some of you may not think being the weight you should be or being as fit as you should be is worth waiting for, (when I say some of you I mean me of course) it is.  I can only imagine at this point that feeling no pain in these sore unused muscles, would be remarkable.  Not taking half an hour to stop hurting after arising would be nice.  Let's not forget how good it would feel not to have to lug an extra 51 pounds around...ok...or more.  This has been a slow process and on the pregnancy scale I only have a month to go until this baby should be delivered.  Let the record state I'm expecting my big 51 pound baby to be somewhat overdue.  Perhaps I'll deliver in another nine months.

Chantel and Gordon were telling me that about a minute or so before Scarlett's arrived the Dr's were more than a little concerned.  Her little heart rate dropped from around 140 to 70.  Not good.  The Dr.'s had time to mention that an emergency c-section may be needed.  However, our little Scarlett was merely preparing herself for a quick entry into this world.  She went from 0 to 60 in mere seconds and showed the world that she was indeed her daddy's girl.  She likes speed.  Grandma loves the example she gave by whipping down the birth canal.  She saw a job that needed doing and bamm...she did it.

When I grow up, I want to be like Scarlett Lee Mernickle.  Seven pounds fourteen ounces of pure joy and determination.  Now you can see why Grandma is so in love with her and feels so blessed to have such amazing grandchildren. 

My Prayer:  "Help us all to fix our eyes on the tasks that need doing in our lives and go for it, without fear, putting our trust in You.  Thank you for your faithfulness to bring us forth."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment