THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, May 8, 2010

For Sale Sign

There is a For Sale sign on my front lawn and I have to tell you I was slightly annoyed by that.  Ok, it bugged me alot.  I wanted to take it down and put up a "You've Got the Wrong House!!!", sign.  It would appear that I'm still not ready to let go of this house.  We had someone come and look at the house yesterday, the ad only went in yesterday and Tessa will confirm that his pushing to see the house right away, really made me angry.  Sorry about that honey, it's like Zayin says, Grandma has issues.  Yes my friends my daughter taught her 18 month old to say that.  It is rather cute and obviously true. 

Todays Question:  "Am I that person who wants two things, the one everyone says can't have it both ways?"

It would appear so.  I have asked Gord if I could keep both houses, he just smiles, not sure what that means.  I'm guessing he is wishing Grandma would get over her issues.  However, he's not having an easy time either.  It's hard to sell a house you still love, add to that so many wonderful memories and it's like parting with a dear friend who never did anything wrong but you know you have to let them go. I guess that means I know I have to do this, just let the record state I may go down kicking and screaming.  Or sobbing and gasping for air, whichever comes first.

I do seem to want two things, it's a problem I struggle with way too often. I want to be slim, I want to eat.  I want to  move, I want to stay.  I want to grow, I want things to remain the same.  I want to mature, I don't wan't to grow up.  I want more and I want less.  Oh God please help, but oh God don't expect me to help myself.  I seem to have found the problem, I have become that person in the bible who speaks out of both sides of her face.  Not good.

So now what?  I surrender, waving the white flag, giving up, not fighting anymore, letting it go, surrendering.   

My Prayer:  "When my emotions are mixed I'm so glad you see clearly what is best for me, I'm so glad you know what is best for all of us.  I ask for your help to let this home go, I ask that you help us all to release those things that keep us from the wonderful plans you have for us.  I find surrender difficult but I know when it is something you require...resistance truly is futile.  Your plans will be established and I am truly grateful for that.  Help us all to trust in the things we cannot see knowing that we serve a God who sees and knows all. 

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment