THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eating My Words

I'm happy to say that words have zero calories.  Painfully aware however, that they do have huge impact.  So to my dear Christian, so sorry, you are right to have given me back my own words.  I do control my eating, entirely and I have no excuses.  In the future I will state that I surrendered my control. 

Todays Question:  "Do you ever say things thinking no ones paying attention only to find out that people are?"

Obviously I do.  I am so blessed to know that the people who read my blog are genuinely interested in how I am.  Thanks Lucie for your call to encourage me to press on, thanks Christian for your loving reminder.  Thanks to everyone who reads the ramblings of an often crazed woman who from time to time seems to slip into the abyss.  I praise God for the light to find my way out of those little black holes. 

I am learning that how long I stay in the valley depends on me.  After a very long day of counseling yesterday I came home refreshed. That does not always happen.  I started the day as a blank sheet, I ended the day reminded of the hope I have and the blessings that abound in my life.  Sometimes I lose sight of how truly blessed I am, sometimes I forget how much God loves and cares about every detail of my life.  When I counsel others and remind them of His concern and love for them, I in turn get reminders myself.  I'm learning that the wonderful thing about giving to others is that God always gives you something in return.  I am also learning that reminders are great gifts.

I controlled myself yesterday in so many ways.  I didn't dive into food, I resisted the urge.  I put an end to my pity party and remembered that although I miss my sons hugs on Mother's Day, I have a wealth of life lessons and insights from him that will carry me until I see him again.  My children plan to be with me on Mother's Day and give to me in so many ways it's remarkable. They want a relationship with me and bless me beyond measure with their kindness and love.  I challenge you to tell me a better gift, to a parent, than having grown children who want to be around you on a regular basis. 

So...

My Prayer:  "Jesus thank you for covering me.  Thank you for being the filter God sees me through.  When God looks at us He looks through You first and we all look so good to God through your eyes.  We are all blessed and loved without condition.  Please forgive me and those who like me sometimes forget how remarkable Your love is."

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment