THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Results

It's been a long time since I have had a two pound loss but yesterday and today I've had just that.  Yesterday I didn't write because I have my two grandsons with me this weekend, oldest almost 15 Joshua, and youngest 1 1/2 Zayin.  Two wonderful boys that keep Grandma busy.  Josh is actually helping so much with his younger cousin. 

I've been trying to figure out how I dropped two pounds so quickly.  No answer.  I have been eating the same but I guess the changes are finally paying off.  I have been up more in the night with Zayin so maybe it's good to move more than you sleep.  

Todays Question:  "Do you ever forget like I do how active young children are?" 

Maybe that's why I've dropped two pounds.  I'm not sitting too much that's for sure.  If my laptop lid is up he's crawling up onto Grandmas chair asking for the wheee wheee as he calls it.  That's the train videos I made the mistake of showing him.  Now he is an avid train video watcher.  Yes it is just trains running down the track, the train whistle and the crossings arms with lights and bells are his favorites.  He even pumps his little arm up and down as the train crosses.   Quite cute, but a little boring after about 10 trips down the track.

I felt like sounding my own bells and whistles when I weighed yesterday, I wanted to run down a track honking my own horn.  When I still weighed the same this morning I was pleasantly surprised.  Two pounds lighter, it's remarkable and worthy of an ad in the Beaumont paper.   I won't be letting them cover this story however, they'd ask too many personal questions.  Like how much do you weigh?  How long has it taken you?  Why has it taken this long? I wouldn't want to hurt a reporter so I'll put off the ad until I reach my goal.  :) 

It truly is such an encouragement to see a result after sitting in the same place again for so long.  I guess my body is slow to lose the weight but does get the job done if I don't quit.  These past 9 months have marked the longest I have ever stuck to a lifestyle change.  I keep saying no to excess and yes to moderation, it is working.  The results are slower but they come and I'm learning in the process to be satisfied with less.  I love having my treat a week, only rarely do I have a two or three little treats a week.  I used to live on a treat whenever it showed up schedule.  It was fun, but the evidence of it was not nearly as enjoyable.  So....I am, for the first time 16 pounds lighter.  I'll try not to break my arm patting myself on the back...but know this....I'll be patting.  :)

My Prayer:  "Lord help us to keep working until we see the results we want, let us be faithful to finish regardless of how long the journey takes.  It truly is about finishing well."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jenny for once again inspiring me for change....way to go & I'm so excited for you. I am losing some excess weight also, which you've helped with your thoughtful insights to success! Keep up the great effort, Jen - we're in this together:) Love WJM

    ReplyDelete