THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pain Equals Gain

I'm seeing a pattern develop as I become more active, if I'm in pain it means I've gained.  Thankfully by the next day the pain from more activity is less and so is the read on the scale.  This morning I'm saying ouch with almost every move, last night it was ouch with every move.  Being more active hurts.  I'm up a pound but the good news is based on my pain level it should be more.  I think I must have been out of shape. 

Todays Question:  "Is anyone laughing hysterically at that last comment?"

Ok, I was so far out of shape getting up from sitting hurt.  Not much has changed, it still hurts when I get up from sitting.  Turns out my hips and my inner thighs are not sure about my choice to ride horses bareback, it requires way more muscle involvement than we care for.  I do feel better though, in spite of the pain, I'm noticing that I can do way more things before exhaustion sets in. 

Another old friend seems to be finding it's way back into my life.  Let's call her, Ms. Sneaky.  She finds clever ways to sneak more food into my life.  Just sample this, try that, oh and finish that you certainly cannot waste it.  Does she sound like someone you have met?   I think she is more diabolical than the sugar devil.  Little by little you find yourself eating more, you don't really even know that it's happened and then one morning, for me this morning, you catch a glimpse of her out of the corner of your eye.  She's fast my friends, you'll need a keen eye.  You think you've seen her but she's pure pleasure so you act like you never noticed her.  I say things like, "That is too much food, I only need half of that, you're not Miss Piggy.  She says, "You are paying full price for that meal, eat it all and get your moneys worth, we love Miss Piggy.  I see someone else eating something and I'm full, they offer and I say, "Don't need that, I'm good thanks."  She says, "It's free food, what are you crazy?"  She's is horrible.  She invites herself to my house, Gord eats she says I should, why should the man eat alone?  She comes to movies with us, "Whoa...no popcorn for me dear, I just ate a big meal."  She says, "Gord does not to eat all that salt, he's suppose to watch his intake, you better help him help himself."  The woman has me figured out, but...I've discovered something about her.  She's a liar.  She wants me to have what I want, hoping I'll forget what I need to feel better.  She's not interested in the facts, she lives in a fairy tale land.  That one I may have wished for from time to time.  I call it; "The Land where you eat anything you want and stay wonderfully fit."  I also call it, "The land where I own the best metabolism."  What a dreamer.

So...wake up, smell the coffee, and for goodness sake don't drink it, that stuff is gross.  I may have only spotted a glimpse of Ms. Sneaky, but I've seen her.  She's been outed as they say and I'm watching her now.  Seeing her before it's too late is a big change for me, I pray you find your little sneaker before she's sabatoges your successes.

Be blessed With a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment