THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bono, U2 - Postponed.

I'm sure you have all heard about our Canadian leg being postponed.  I'm sure that  you U2 fans, like me were disappointed.  I really wanted to whine, grumble and complain, however, I'm glad to report that I couldn't because I had this little voice in the back of my head reminding me that this isn't about me.  Bono's injury didn't develop overnight, but once torn it is reported that he was in extreme pain.  He's a man and one thing I know about men is that they do not like pain...so I'm sure that he didn't plan this to disappoint Albertans.  I imagine that after all he's been through, including partial paralysis to one of his legs, he's probably a little relieved, after a successful surgery, to have that feeling restored.  I'm sure he's grateful that the hernia he had was also found and repaired.  I would bet money, and I have no where near as much as Bono does, that he feels bad about his body letting him down, just like we all do when these bodies that were born to deteriorate do just that.  I'd also bet his wife and children don't really care about the concerts he misses, anymore than I did about the work Gord missed while having his hernia repaired.  I just wanted him better, returned to normal.  Okay, I admit I was tried of doing all the heavy lifting. I didn't say I wasn't a little selfish.  In my defense, Gord, like most good men, does not like sitting back and watching people work.  I think Bono is that kind of man.  Always doing. I love men like that.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever think that God is your own personal...Yes Man."

Sometimes I do.  I pray for Bono to heal quickly so that he can perform for me, he was coming to Edmonton just for me wasn't he?  God knows how long his healing will take and is more interested in the well being of this very giving and generous man, than his concert schedule.  I am guilty of wanting instant healings and quick answers to my prayer.  I get what is best for me and grumble while God works on my behalf, in spite of my grumblings.  If something does not go the way I think it should the festival of moans begins.  I pray, Gods answer isn't yes or instant and then I act like I'm God because I know yes and now was the right answer.  I hate to admit this but from time to time, I even dare to get mad.  I want you to know that I cannot count how many times I have had to ask God to forgive me because I was mad He didn't say yes to something I wanted, or made me wait only to give me something better.  I'm so glad God is patient and waits for me to figure things out.  So sorry it takes me so long to get the right heart and the right attitude...so often.  But truly grateful that God is not anyones Yes Man...including mine.

It always amazes me how God so carefully plans our lives.  Bono made one plan, God made another.  I'm sure glad that we will get to see Bono perform another day, in good health, free of pain, and I don't have to wait to see him sing live in heaven.  I know how dangerous these hernias can be, internal tears can be deadly if they happen at the wrong time, and the wrong place.  I remember trusting God with Gord when my fear would come up, what if his hernia tears and all those toxins spread throughout his body.  I remember trusting God and having peace on the day of Gord's surgery.  I am so grateful that his healing has been so complete and I pray anyone, not just Bono, who needs a complete healing would receive it. 

I am reminded this morning that only God knows the plans He has for us.  He will prosper us and He will bless us, whether it is on earth or in heaven.  We are born to die so we can live forever.  Sometimes I think we forget that.  This is a wear and tearing body we have and I'm so glad it's temporary.

My Prayer:  "Lord thank you.  Thank you for doing and knowing what is best for us and for forgiving us for those times when you work and we grumble.  I know that we will all be surprised by how many times we were complaining while you were preparing and sparing.  Your attention to detail is amazing and your unconditional love is beyond description....once again...thank you."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment