THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, May 31, 2010

16 Pounds of Butter

I was going to write you all a little story about an elderly woman who planted a garden, she watered it everyday for months, fetilized her plants everyday and after those months of faithful care and attention to weeds, one wonderful plant yielded her a 16 pound tomatoe.  However, I've never seen or heard of a tomatoe that big so I decided that I would relate my weight loss to you in the butter form.  I used a pound and a half of butter over the weekend baking.  Yes I bake, now get up.

Todays Question:  "Do you realize that 16 pounds of anything is alot."

I don't think I appreciate how much weight that is because like a typical weight watcher I want more results.  Everytime I get to one 10 pound marker I'm thinking that the next will be better.  Sad isn't it.  Should really learn to enjoy where I am instead of thinking how much better 20 pounds of butter will be.  I should have grown watermelons in my garden story, they get huge. 

I am so happy to tell you that I am still 16 pounds down, even after baking banana nut muffins, and my mom's cookies, I don't know what they are called.  I may be able to thank myself for not gaining, the cookies did not turn out as good as they normally do and I'm not sure what I did.  I'll just be grateful that the ones I gave to Chantel were good, and half the muffins went to her as well, they were delicious.  We also had a wonderful dinner on Sunday, Gord made all the turkey dinner usuals with a roasted chicken instead, yummy, I'll be making soup for super with the leftovers.  It was a great weekend, baking with Zayin, spending time with our youngest Zayin, and our oldest grandson Joshua, and visits with our new little Scarlett Lee, she's so beautiful.  I seriously have the cutest grandchildren in the world.  :)  (No arguements from fellow grandparents...we are all right ok.)

Every weekend that passes and I don't see the scale rise feels like a huge success to me, seriously weekends used to always yeild a rise on the scale.  I'm no longer looking at the weekend as a time to over-indulge and forget that I have a goal.  That is so outside of my normal that I don't have words to describe it.  As you can see I'm not usually short on words, so truly remarkable to say the least. 

It was a great weekend and I will work to make sure it's a great week as well.  When I dropped to 16 pounds I was a little nervous about Monday, I thought I'd surely be back up again and I thought about not writing so I could cover my butt...so to speak.  I'm glad I did and so glad I'm still posting 16 pounds lighter.

My Prayer:  "Lord help us to be committed and honorable to ourselves and to others.  Help us to remember that you love us and want whats best for us as well.  It's easier to ask you to help others and harder to ask for help ourselves, but remind us daily that you also want to give us the desires of our hearts."

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

2 comments:

  1. 16 lbs is a lot! Congratulations! I'm down 5, so I'm back to my prepregnancy weight! Unfortunately, I do not also have my prepregnancy body ;-) I actually have to exercise to get that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certain I will not see a body that even remotely resembles the orginial Joanna, but I am equally as certain that those children were worth it. Two c-sections took out my bikini bod, not that I was going for that anyway, and only surgery could undo the damage too many years of not working at has done. I think it's great you are smart enough to deal with 5 pounds before they become 20. :)

    ReplyDelete