THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Birds are Singing

I have yet another first in my life, this morning I noticed that the birds have not been singing outside of my window for a while because they were singing this morning, that is something this 51 year old never noticed before.  I googled why birds don't seem to sing as much in the rain but I couldn't find any scientific answer, so I'll go with the obvious, we are not the only ones who like the sunshine.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever wonder what it would be like if we sang everyday regardless of the weather?"

I'm sure you have all noticed how much people complain about the weather, when I say people I do of course include myself.  I choose to be happy and have a good day in spite of the weather often, but I have to admit that this last week or two of rain had me squawking out a song that went something like this.  "I did not choose to live in a rainy Province but in a sunny one.  It's enough already."  Not that pretty of a song is it?   This morning the birds are singing so sweetly outside my window and the sun is shining, I live in Alberta again and I'm so happy about it.  I do love the rain and I've made several requests to God that rain at night would be perfect and sun during the day...exquisite.  I'd love the sound of rain to go to sleep with and the sound of birds and the warmth of sunshine through my window in the morning to wake up to.  I do not ask for much do I?  ;)

The scale has matched the sunshine this morning, I'm very comfortably down 16 pounds and even seeing movement to a new number already.  This whole eating less thing seems to be true, oh I'm such a doubter at times.  The weather decreased my exercise, it was a fabulous excuse.  See how positve I am, I found something praise worthy about rainy weather...besides the obvious refreshing of the land.  I did do some heavy lifting...Zayin has to be 25 pounds and Scralett plus her carseat is an easy 12 pounds.  I have muscle tone thanks to my grandchildren I have not had in years in my arms.  I can even stand the sight of my arms in a sleeveless shirt now.  That's a big change for me, I'd wear a sleeveless shirt but also a light coverup to hide them from the innocent world.  I've tossed the cover up, well I will if the sun stays out.

I like the birds am singing this morning.  I love my husband, my children, my grandchildren, my friends, and my work.  I feel blessed and tweet I shall.

My Prayer:  "God help us all to rejoice regardless of the weather, let our praises to you be as glorious as the sound of the birds singing early in the morning.  Let our lives be filled with songs of thanks because regardless of our struggles we have truly been given so much."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment