THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And Holding

It would appear that 17lbs down is now the new set point, I've noticed over these last 11 months (yes it's been that long) that my body seems to like sitting in one spot for a time. I'd say time in it's definition regarding changes on the scale runs about a month or two. I'm going to see if I can stir time up, I'd like to drop these last three pounds to see a 20lb drop in a year. That does not seem as pitiful as only 17lbs in what will soon be one year, not sure why.

Todays Question: "Are you ever happy about something and unhappy about it at the same time?"

That defines me lately, as in happy I'm 17lbs ligther, but wish it was more, as in love the farmhouse, miss my old house, as in miss my kids, but glad they are having fun in Austria, as in looking forward to my birthday and wondering how time flies where age is concerned and not when you are waiting for something else.

Life is a funny series of challenges, overwhelming joys and agonizing changes, life is full of surprises that can send you from elation to despair in moments...and still...I love life. I enjoy everyday regardless of how much I may whine, grumble or complain. I'm happy I have enough food to cut back on, happy I see the people I love struggle only to find they have more strength than they thought they did, including myself of course. I even enjoy aging. I know it's weird...but I keep believing that each year I've gotten at least a little wiser. Eternal optimist is the term I often use to describe myself...I truly beleive, "All things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to his purposes."

Today is counseling Tuesday and I'm glad I get to focus on someone other than myself today. I've been spending way too much time missing my babies and it's time to get some things done and be happy they are having so much fun. Refocus is a great word and an even better action. I'm going to rejoice with those who rejoice...whether I miss them or not. I'm going to embrace the sale of my old house as soon as that buyer shows up. I'm going to move forward in spite of this feeling I have to sit on my butt and resist these changes that are happening around me. I'm going to trust that God has gone ahead and prepared the way.

Why do I always seem to forget I live according to God's plan for me and not my own? His ways are truly so much better than mine.

My Prayer: "God please give us peace during the seasons of change and remind us that You always know what is best for us...regardless of whether it makes sense to us at the time or not. Thank you for the plans you have for all of us...it's good to know that you know, especially when we don't."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment