THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, August 9, 2010

Long Weekend Without Gain

Remarkably I spent the last few days in Radium and I never gained a pound. It would seem like a miracle but it was actually all about saying...NO! I add that Lucie's excellent choices inspired me as well.

Todays Question: Can you beleive that two girlfriends went away for a weekend and it was not all about food?

We talked, we watched movies (without junk...proof it can be done), we shopped without buying anything (shocking), and we enjoyed each others company. Oh...we did buy a couple ice cream holders and no spill cups for the grandkids. We couldn't help it. Oops...also Lucie bought me a very nice bracelet and I bought me one too. But no clothes, no shoes, and believe it or not...no purses. :)

We had some wonderful conversations, stayed up too late and stayed in bed until we wanted to get out. No alarms controlling us, no work or home issues to deal with, no stress. It was great.

Best tip I can give you for eating less...hang out with your best friend in the mountains and concentrate on what really matters. We did share wonderful meals together but they never ate us...we ate them. It was a nice change.

This no gain is huge for me on many levels, long weekends away almost always involve eating too much, the 5th of August was a day I didn't try to stuff with food to forget...I just remembered my son and felt those missing him feelings...that was so much better and guilt free. So feel it, live it, enjoy it, savour it my freinds....and for goodness sake...don't eat it. You don't feel better after anyway so what's the point?

My Prayer: "Lord help us to keep growing, big steps or baby steps, lead us and teach us, we need wisdom and are so grateful You know all."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment