THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today is The Day

The plan is to move the bed from this house to the farmhouse tonight...so after some tears last night I finally went to sleep. Thinking it was the last night in this house I have loved for fifteen years was a little hard to swallow. It just wouldn't go down without those tears.

I have so many good memories and the only thing I can think of that's not so good is the fact that it's been a little slower to sell than I thought it would. However after last nights bawl...I'm thinking maybe it just wasn't going to sell until I was ready to make the decision to move. So glad I have a husband who waits patiently for me to move, and above all a God who is patient and knows me better than I know myself. I get comfortable in a place and then it is very difficult for me to beleive I'll ever be comfortable again if I leave it. I know that's not true, it's just a process I seem to have to go through. For example, I'm comfortable being fifteen pounds lighter, at 17lbs now and adjusting. Weird I know.

Todays Question: "Have you ever noticed that it's harder to walk away from anything that you truly love, I'm not talking about people but things?"

I know things, like houses cannot love you back, but...I really have felt so blessed in this home. Always felt safe, always felt like God gave us this home and truly will miss everything about it. Love...love...love that all three of my kids loved this home as well. I have lived in many houses and left many as well. Never once did I feel the way about those homes that I do about this one. Never regretted having to leave any. Was always happy to go, not unhappy in them, just felt like better things awaited. The problem is this house has always felt right and I guess I thought that would change when the farmhouse was finished. It hasn't!!!

I'm very happy to report that I love being in the farmhouse as well. It feels right too, and since I can't have both I had to make a choice. So I'm choosing to start the process tonight and will hopefully, if we can get our kingsize bed up the stairs, be sleeping at the farmhouse tonight. No tv, that should be good for us, no pictures up, not so good for me, things that can't be moved yet to keep this house staged for sale, will miss my chair, tons of clothes to move and things to set up...that's kind of exciting. :) I have hope restored...it's been lacking as of late.

I wonder when I'll figure out that I should just take those steps of faith needed to make changes when I'm not unhappy where I am. I wonder when I'll figure out that I don't have to become miserable in order to move, I can move before the misery sets it. I wonder about me on a very regular basis.

My Prayer: "God of wonders go ahead of us and prepare our way. If you do not, I do not want to go. Guide us by your Holy Spirit and lead us on those wonderful paths of righteousness and help us to make right choices on the way."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

2 comments: