THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Seem to Be Stuck in Woe Mode

I'm trying to snap out of this state of the blahs but I have to admit...I suck at it. How pitiful, how ridiculous, how rude, how silly, how baby like, oh what a sally I am. I know I should be enjoying all this free time, when I say free I mean between packing, unpacking, getting a new kitty cause the stupid coyote or something got Poncho and Lefty., etc.

Today Question: "Why, why, why do the people you love have to go away?"

Sure glad I have people I love here with me or this would seriously be the worst 21 days (18 days left) of my life. I'm smiling, please don't take me too seriously I'm trying not too. :) I said that last statement because it reminded me of my baby Gordon, well he's not a baby anymore but he'll always be my baby. We had gone on a wonderful traveling adventure with my mom and dad who had come to visit us while we lived in Oakland, Maryland for a few months. Gord (my husband) was working in the States and we decided to join him and travel on the weekends, the work schedule gave him 3 day weekends for the majority of the time we lived there. So, off we went to see the sites and all was good, however, Canadians do not always remember American holidays and so all the little towns and roadside stops seemed to be closed. After many failed attempts to find a place to eat we finally found a place that looked open, they were and thank God the pumps were working, however, the restaurant was closed due to the holiday. My little Gordon had had enough and he proclaimed in his most disgusted voice that; "This is the worst day of my life." He was 6 at the time and provided the much needed laugh a long day of getting lost often requires. Lest someone gets hurt.

It's been a long time since I've felt so blah, I do know that the blahs come to everyone sooner or later, dosen't mean I have to like them. So I think I'll ignore them and stop singing this woe is me song. I have to regroup people, step it up, get back in the game, suck it up Princess, get over it. Can't beleive this person, when I say person I mean me, is a Counselor, can't beleive this person counsels others and can't seem to take her own advice. Someone should report me...I'm a hypocrite...I hate it when people don't practice what they preach. Oh dear!

Alright it's done, you've just read the last serious whining post I'll write, please note I said serious whining, not last whining post ever. :)

But we can hope...oh there is always hope.

My Prayer: "Oh God of amazing wonders and spectacular goodness to all, remind us of how remarkable it is to love, to miss people you love and to be reunited. Strengthen us until the day we are all reunited with you and our loved ones who've gone ahead. You are truly so good and the best comforter I've ever known."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment