THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Those Little Victories

This morning I realized that not gaining weight after a long weekend has become the norm for me. Having said that I'm trusting it will not change, however, after meals out and a birthday party bbq with icecream cake, I'm happy to report I'm holding that 15lbs lighter securely. Yahoo!

Todays Question: "How often do you focus on what you've done right as opposed to what you've done wrong?"

For me, spent way too much time in the past thinking about my mistakes to see my successes. The thing I love most about the past....it's passed. :)

Planning not to do something is good, planning how much to do when you do it...also good. For example, knew that there would be lots of food at the bbq so planned to have a very small piece of birthday cake and enjoy it. Guilt free. Ate less at lunch according to plan. Didn't overeat at dinner, also planned. It's remarkable what you learn when you stay focused and plan not to zone out.

I have not been feeling that great and normally that would mean food for comfort....I'm sick. Wah wah wah! Sick I tell ya! It's just a cold, a cold sore mixed with crazy menopause, but hey even a stomach flu used to make me eat to feel better. I know how pitiful that is so don't remind me okay. :) Changes are happening, that's my point and the little victories are teaching me that I can change. It takes time and it is a slow process for me but I'm hoping that means it will be lasting. It would appear that an old dog can learn new tricks.

I am really just so happy to realize that I have succeeded at changing weekends into days off, instead of countdowns to Mondays starvation diet, to make up for what I consumed for three days. I counted Friday of course.

My Prayer: "Truly Lord we are works in progress, so grateful you never stop working in us. Please help us all to continue to completion no matter the goal."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment