THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, August 5, 2010

So Pitiful Me

Last night I went to bed, after a very long and tiring day, long because the previous nights sleep was interupted by constant boughts of coughing, that would be my cold I'm referring too. So as a result we went to bed at 10pm, coughed a bit as I read a Psalm so my husband did the praying, when he was done he made a comment about my wheezing to which I replied; "I'm thankful I'm still alive enough to complain."

Todays Question: "Is that pitiful or what?"

Saying it made me smile, and know that I realize how very blessed I am. Also know that when it comes to being sick, I'm am a big baby. I still do my stuff, I get things done, but I do enjoy whining about my misery. And for the record, I hate being sick. And this past week has been a series of reminders from my body that 52 is fast approaching. I seriously have no problem with getting older, just would like my body to have no problems with it either. Rude the way it hurts, finds new things to be sore over and changes as I age. I like the pause part of 51, not a fan of that meno stuff. :)

I'm sure the anticipation that builds in me to the 5th day of August is a factor. This day marks 11 years for our Calvin with Jesus and once it arrives I do so much better than the weeks leading to it. God reminded me last night that; "precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." So remarkably, today I feel better, physcially and mentally. God is great at reminding me of all that I truly have to be thankful for. I am so glad I know where my son is, so glad I'll spend an eternity with him, I'll forget the years that seperated us the moment I see him again. So grateful...very grateful to such a great Saviour.

Today I'm going away for a few days with my best freind Lucie, we'll relax and eat out, moderately for both our health sakes, enjoy rest, conversation, some shopping (that's a no brainer), maybe a pedicure, massage, soaks in the Hot Springs, who knows, who cares. The thing about being with people you love is...it really does not matter what you are doing. It's just so good to be with them.

My Prayer: "Lord thank you for always being with us. What a difference you make in our lives. What a priveledge it is to be your children, help us never to lose sight of the fact that you NEVER lose sight of us."

I love you!

Be Blessed with A Wonderful Day

1 comment: