THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, August 16, 2010

He Knows Me Well

There is a Psalm I love that speaks of how God is intimately acquainted with our ways, translation in my mind, He knows me well. In the past I've always read that Psalm and gotten those warm feelings of being known, all so very positive and tingly. This week I became aware of how knowing someone in an intimate way gives you the insight needed to do what's best for them, whether they (being me) like it or not. And that is what God did for me, (or do I mean to me) this week.

Todays Question: "Has life ever made you get off your butt and do the thing you've been avoiding? (Like the plaque or swatting off like the mosquito.)

Life moved me this week, forced me out of my comfort zone, threw me out of my own house and into my other farm house. It all seemed to happen around me, it was like I was in the game but I never signed up for it. This is not the first time God has done this to me, probably won't be the last either. How do I know it was God, because I had to move, I had to do it, I couldn't stop the ball. I hope you all know that when God moves the ball, you move and when you find yourself somewhere you've been avoiding and you're still okay...well my friends...I think those are the times when you've dropped the ball and God picks it up for you and rolls it along with you on it. And ta da...you end up where you belong. Shocked, baffled, in awe, amazed, stunned and grateful, but puzzled, wondering how that happened and why the ride didn't kill you.

It started with a call from Gord's parents saying they were coming for a visit. Then a going away party for a wonderful long time family friend, then a visit from my sister and her husband and the girls, then me feeling overwhelemed. I could feel it coming, I was speaking the words, we'll have to stay at the farm and let your parents stay in our room in town, was that me? Then I told my sister they could stay in the trailer at the farm, then I said yes to Dave, my sister's husband helping Gord move our bed. I'd missed it way too much to do without it for one more night at the farmhouse. Then it wouldn't go up the stairs...so they said, Connie and I sad yes that bed will go up the stairs, my prayer. "God if you want me in this farmhouse I need my bed to go up the stairs or I'm not supposed to live here." Bold and a little arrogant I know, but up the stairs that King Sized mattress went, it wasn't easy, but in five minutes it was in place. Okay maybe Connie and I were a little...let's just say right, you know how women love to be right when that means the husbands are wrong. Yes, I praised the Lord. Still clueless as to what was happening around me.

Yesterday Gord kept asking me to go to the house in town to get things, like my clothes, food from the fridge, you know silly stuff we needed, I wouldn't go. Too tired, too busy, I needed rest it was a busy weekend and I'm still coughing for crying out loud. All the company left and I needed to sit in this farmhouse. I think I was still trying to figure out how I got here. I don't have the address changed, I don't have the phone hooked up, no cable, none of the things done that people who are moving know to do. Do you think I think I wasn't moving? Yes...I think that's what I thought.

I finally went to the house in town after Gord had done the "majority of the things we needed move." I thought I'd walk in and fall apart, instead I packed things, it's official the jockey drawer has been emptied and all 75 pairs are at the farmhouse, once you move your undies people the rest is irrelevant. So now I'm happy, it feels right to be here, it's beautiful walking from room to room and seeing the most remarkable things out of evey window. Pastor Bob and Karen stopped by for a short visit and I was inspired to light candles, wash the floor, set up the temporary coffee and end table. I hung some pictures, when I say I...I mean Gord hung them where I pointed. :) He's amazing that man of mine and has done a remarkable job transforming this house into a thing of beauty. Pastor Bob said our upstairs reminded him of the Queens suite at the Hotel MacDonald and I had to agree. I snapped out of my stupor.

I have to tell you I still love how it feels to be in our other house, I still love it, and you know what...it's okay to leave a place without bad memories, it's okay to love where you've been on the way to where you are going...in fact...

My Prayer: is that..."You precious and awesome Father would always help us to embrace where we have been, knowing that everything you have prepared for us is good, regardless of how it feels to us as we move...in any direction. Thank you for knowing us intimately and for pushing gently when we resist...I truly know what it means now when I hear people say..."Resistance is futile." I also know how important it is to move when comfortable has set in."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment