THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cough, Limp, Wheeze

This mornings title is a very accurate description of me as of late. I'm hoping it does not last but seriously beginning to wonder. The limp is new, I had a bit of a sore hip on Sunday night, thought it was from sitting too much driving, Monday hurt a bit, Monday night...call a paramedic I'm in agony over here. Slight exageration I'm sure...but only slight. Ouch! This morning I'm limping and in pain every time I take a step...sitting doesn't hurt as bad, laying down is a crap shoot, sometimes it hurts sometimes it does not. It would appear that as 52 approaches with lightning speed so do the pains.

Todays Question: "Why would I have a sore hip, it's not like I overexerted myself exercising...ever?"

Add to that now painful hip my coughing, which only ads to that pain, the wheezing that has me sounding like Darth Vaders sister...Marth and the ache in my head from coughing too much, and I'm not sure I'll see 52. I do have bronchitis and a perscription so there is hope. I do also realize I'm not one of those people who likes to suffer in silence, ok maybe I whine. I was doing ok at the beginning of this sickness, hardly complaining at all, but as the weeks passed with no improvement and the infection set in...so began the whining. Gord had a very pitiful wheezing, ouching, coughing, hacking, sniffling and flitting wife to deal with last night. Sleep came but it took it's time, pain woke me up way too often, I didn't wake him up. I'm not heartless.

Good news, not much of an appetite, although I needed a chocolate bar to make me feel better and I'm sad to report...it did. I know it's not supposed to and I know I should feel guilty but I don't. I only ate half of it and it was just what the Dr. ordered. Well he didn't say take your pills with a chocolate bar, however if I'd have asked him I'm sure he would have. Seriously he heard the wheezing people.

Today, as you may know, is Tuesday...supposed to counsel, thinking about going in just to show my clients someone does have it worse than they do. Maybe not a good idea, I could hack out some advice or breathe like Darth to scare them, if I stand up and scream in pain I'm sure they'd see the value in having me counsel them...don't you agree? ;)

Looks like I'm calling in sick...sick is such a weak word. "I'm just calling to let you know I'm on my last legs so I won't be able to make it in today." Oh that won't work will it...can't hardly stand on that left leg. See what I mean...sick...ya right.

My Prayer: "Lord heal the sick, raise the dead and restore the whiny. Remind those people who may moan and groan like I do how truly blessed we are. Thank you for medicine and Dr.'s, thank you for restoration, and strengthen those brave souls who truly have so much sickness to deal with."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment