THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Baby Shower...Success!

So very happy to report that in spite of some very sugar filled and delicious treats, not forgeting the amazing seafood surprise my bff brought, and one and a half of my daughters fabulous cupcakes, I'm still down 16 pounds.  Yay....with a capital Y.  Our little Scarlett Lee was blessed with so many wonderful gifts, it took well over two hours to open.  The shower was a huge success.  I think the laughter made up for the sugar and that's why I'm still lighter, God knows the body was swelling from sitting.  :)

Todays Question:  "Do you ever just feel so absolutely blessed?"

I sure do, on a very regular basis.  Almost all of my grandchildren were present, adorable and so good.  The company was great, friends and family are huge blessings, and people are so willing to give, not just gifts, but time and big effort.  I hope you all know how grateful we are.

This is the first baby shower, otherwise know as a food event in my mind, that I've attended since I made the decision to change my lifestyle and eating habits.  I had what I wanted, one plate of goodies, mostly seafood surprise and some rice crackers.  I was full quickly and did not....I need to repeat that for my sake, did not go beyond full.  I had what I wanted guilt free and as I said, no gain and remarkably...no pain.  It's amazing what a difference moderation makes.

I am one of those people who always wonders how people stay slim.  Maybe you are too.  I'm discovering that the bible, once again has the answer and I somehow missed it.  Ok, whatever, I ignored it.  "All things in moderation."  It is not about what you eat....it is about how much.  You have to know that if I'm seeing the truth of that, slow as my progress may be, it is true.  I was sure my body wouldn't let go of the fat without starvation.  In nine months I have not felt deprived or angry.  It used to make me mad to diet, seriously, grumpy bear.  I bet Gord is happy his wife has met with moderation and stuck with it.  I have what I want, and yes that includes keeping sugar to sundays, with the exception of my granddaughters baby shower.  I'm deciding, not some diet guru who comes and then goes as soon as the next fat hipped fad checks him/her out, I eat what I want.  Remarkable how I always thought I was doing that but have discovered that I was not.  I was eating anything in site, whether I was hungry or not.

Being conscious of what I do is finally becoming part of my life.  Thinking about what I want and don't want, not just regarding food but in so many areas of my life.  Learning what things bless me and what things stress me has been huge.  Surrounding myself with people that support me and really thinking about my choices has snapped me into awareness.  I was a women with two hands that fed me and it seeemed to happen without me noticing.  I can't tell you how many times those hands have put food in my mouth and I couldn't even tell you what it tasted like.  I truly was not paying attention.  I know that in the "industry" that is called denial.  They were my hands, I did it and I knew it, but I was very often zoned out.  The Zombie has opened her eyes and she is truly beginning to live the life she wants, third person references can be just as effective in stating truths.  :)

Hello world and praise you Lord, my prayer is that we would all become aware of the things we do to ourselves.  Help us Lord to seek truth, and to wake up from our food induced state to embrace the beauty that is within.  Let us walk concentrating on your truth and amazing unconditional love, help us all to love ourselves.  Love is the key to our hearts and minds.  You are love. 

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment