THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, June 11, 2010

Scale Adjustment

There are mornings when I step up to the scale thinking I'm going to be lighter, there are morning when I dred the thought of even going near it for fear I'll be heavier.  Some days I'm lighter than I think I'll be, other days I'm heavier than I thought I'd be, and then like today I'm neutral.  That means I have three gears when it comes to weight, up, down and neutral.  I am a three speed, good news because most of the time I think slow is my only speed, and I'm definetaly a manual with automatic tendencies.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever feel like your waiting for someone to shift your gears?"

That would be the definition of me this morning.  I need that shift that takes me into overdrive.  I need some energy.  I know I'm a three speed but I have delusions of high preformance.  I went to bed at a decent time, enjoyed many snuggles with Scarlett my beautiful granddaughter before bed, slept very well until 4:40am and then the eyes opened, the mind turned on and I decided to read.  Was able to go back to sleep for half an hour before the golf alarm sounded at 6:45.  Gord has a day off, which means it's a golf day for him.  Now I want to go back to sleep and I will make an attempt but I'm doubting my chances of success.  And that leads me back to the scale.

How did that happen?  I'm not sure, but since my mind is prone to wander I just follow the rabbit trails.  When I stepped on the scale this morning I expected to be down.  Yes I had french fries, with chicken tenders, did I mention poutine, for supper.  I know that sounds like a horrible choice, but that's what Christan and I wanted so...that's what we had.  We shared, and we left well over half the french fries that went with the chicken tenders and under half of the pountine.  So between the two of us, we ate a healthy moderate portion.  I had salad for lunch, and tomatos and toast for breakfast, some light and little snacks between meals.  I call that a good day.  (No laughing please.)    I felt light this morning, was sure I'd be down.  Stepped on the scale and went...what!!!!  It wasn't a question.  I'm not up, my mind yelled, so I looked closer.  My scale had been adjusted, it was not sitting on the line exactly where I like it.  Oh dear!!!  So I adjusted it to the precise center and then re-stepped.  Awww..calm again.  I'm still 16 pounds down, although the gap isn't as great as it was yesterday when I avoided chocolate bars at Chapters.  Do you think it was the french fries with or without the gravy and cheese? 

My lessons, pick one or the other next time Jenny....not both.  Look at your scale before stepping on it to ensure the line is dead centre. Relax and note improvements.  I left over half the french fries uneaten, and less than half the poutine...that is a big deal for me.  I have spent half a lifetime thinking food should not be wasted and thought I was in charge of making sure it wasn't.  I have quit that job and am learning to toss quickly and run.  ;)


My Prayer:  "Help me to remember and embrace that you said, all things in moderation, and that can include french fries and pountine, and dare I say chocolate from time to time.  Thank you Lord for wisdom and the ability to chose, two wonderful gifts."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment