THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yoga Lady

The Indigo date stop with my handsome husbands, on Friday, brought in two purchases that have been helping this slow to change lady make a shift.  A 5 workout, 21 to 28 minute yoga dvd, and one book entitled Women, Food and God.  Both have been beneficial and both are yielding positive results.  Yes I have lots of books and lots of dvd's.  What's the difference with these two...I'm going with me, since I'm the common denominator.

Todays Question:  "Are you ever suprised by the things in life you should already know?"

Did I hear an Amen?  I know for me Yoga works, I like it, and I don't think anyone owns the rights to stretching, so no weirdness just exercise that is doable for me.  The book is really just confirming what I already knew but for some reason wanted to ignore.  The main message, food is not the problem.  Boy do I know that. 

I have often puzzled over why I can start a fast and food has nothing on me, it does not bother me and I don't eat what I've commited not too.  Once I've told God I'm doing it, done.  Rarely do I ever slip up if I'd made a genuine committment to a timeline.  You may wonder why I don't make that commitment for a lifetime and there is a simple answer.  I'm not an idiot.  Timelines have a start and end day that I set.  Lifetimes...well God sets those.  So, I'm learning to only commit to what I feel I can do. 

I'm happy to say that I'm learning I can do more than I thought.  Thanks to this blogging process and the healing it is bringing into my life, I now see the value in committing to good health, yes for a lifetime.  Aching muscles, sore ankles and joints, high cholesterol and a host of other issues my extra weight has brought on, are doing wonders to illustrate the value of good choices.  Giving myself the choice to indulge once a week has helped too.  Please note that when special events arise I indulge, however, I am finally learning not to over-indulge.  That is a huge difference that does not yield a huge result.  ;)

Yesterday I was up a pound, I didn't freak out...something else that has changed.  I knew I'd been working out way more, not just yoga but physical work and hours worth of it.  I listened to those wonderful comments and trusted that it would be gone...and this morning...it's gone.  Back to my 16 pounds lighter weight and I feel it...lighter that is.  In every way.  The weight on my shoulders is gone and that is the biggest blessing, trust me I'm not complaining about the clothes I wear so much more comfortably or my thinner face.  It's just that I had a weight on me that didn't register on the scale, it was my disbelief.  I didn't think I could change, I didn't beleive in myself.  My friends, I can't tell you how much that weighs, I can tell you this with certainty...it weighs you down.

My Prayer:  "Lord please remind us that not only do you beleive in us but You want what is best for us.  That is more of this wonderful life you gave us, free from anything that binds us.  A person truly is a slave to whatever has mastered him/her.  And being a slave is a weight I can no longer bear, I pray you'd help us all to be freed from the things that bind."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment