THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, June 14, 2010

Watch and Learn

This weekend was very busy and so much fun.  My sister, my mom and my three nieces came down from Didsbury this weekend for my beautiful granddaughter Scarletts baby shower.  It was so fun.  I discovered something this weekend that I've known in my head but it hadn't reached my heart.  Watching my nieces ride the tractor, run back and forth, ride the bikes, stand, walk, plop down, jump up, fall out of the wagon and run to chase it multiple times, etc., has taught me that moving is key.  And the reason the majority of young children are not grossly overweight.  It made me tired just watching them.  It also made me smile as I rememberd having that much energy and excitment over the smallest things in life.

Todays Question:  "What percentage of movement would you say you have compared to a child, of any age?"

My answer, maybe 15%.  I could be exaggerating though so don't quote me.  I seem to be looking for something I'm not going to find sitting on my butt.  I am way more active than I was before and I'm sure that's why I've kept the weight I've dropped...off.  No doubt in my mind that is the reason because I've lost weight in the past, with a mere diet change, and then found it quickly when the diet ended.  I have also discovered something a Pastor friend of mine told me a long time ago was true.  If you exercise more you can eat what you like more.  He has an extremely sweet tooth, and is very fit.  I proved that theory this weekend as I moved more because my nieces and grandchildren move more, I was trying to keep up...in part.  :)   I ate cupcakes for breakfast, I had a banana split and a cheeseburger for supper last night and I am still a safe 16 pounds lighter.  I still ate moderately, having what I wanted but not once did I overstuff myself.  I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

Watching people move is fun, moving with them is another kind of fun.  The kind where you can have a treat and not pay for it.  I know that if I ate banana splits for supper every night I'd have a problem, I am not going to eat my daughters delicious cupcakes for breakfast every morning either, the plural was intentional.  I am going to have treats from time to time and I'm also going to be sure that my treats equal my movement. 

Smart people always learn the greatest lessons from children, that's my belief.  God says a little child shall lead us, He also says that the Kingdom of heaven belongs to children.  Watch and learn from our greatest teachers, second only to Jesus, and you will find the freedom you long for.  Children know that life is meant to be savoured, every tiny little bug, every leaf on the tree and every part of their little bodies, all remarkable gifts from a most giving and loving God.  Children never lose their sense of wonder...until...adults start telling them to grow up.  I want to be child like again, and even at 51 I can chose that. 

My Prayer:  Lord help us to enter your kingdom like children, full of awe and wonder, on earth and in heaven, all things belong to you.  Thank you for teaching us all through children how truly remarkable this place you have created for us is.  Let us watch, let us learn and let us do."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment