THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Seven Shirts

Yesterday I had another first in my life.  I went shopping, that is nothing new, however finding seven shirts in one store that look amazing is.  I grabbed eight shirts and one sweater in what I call my shopping race.  Tessa, Chantel, Scarlett and Zayin were waiting in the car for me so speed shopping was necessary.  I'd put one shirt on and think, wow that's a great shirt, next one same thing, then I thought how many of these shirts can look good.  Shocking answer, all of them.  Self control and a tendency to be cheap kept me from buying all nine items.

Todays Question:  "Do any of you think it's funny that a person who buys seven shirts in less than half and hour thinks she has self control?"

Before you laugh to hard at me you must be informed that I paid $113.00 for those seven shirts, tax in.  I also got not one but two $25.00 gift cards that I can use if I spend another $75.00 in August.  I can assure it will not be hard for me to spend $75.00 to get $50.00 off.  I love sales.  My husband often says to me, "Sweetheart, if you don't need it and it's on sale is it really a bargain?"  Good thing he's so talented, smart and good looking, cause on that one he dropped the ball.  :)

For the record, I seldom ever buy that many items for myself in one stop.  Since I've dropped these sixteen pounds, that I am still comfortably maintaining, I don't like the clothes that are in my closet.  I'm sure it's because I bought everything too long, to hide my flaws, and now thank God, things are too big.  I've also discovered that my taste in clothes has changed...yet again, or maybe I just don't feel as good in fat clothes as I used to.  I'm so grateful for that shift in my brain.

I think the real reason 9 shirts looked good on me is because I see myself differently.  I'm not angry at myself anymore for having extra weight on, even though I still have more to shed.  I'm doing something about my weight and I'm taking it seriously and commiting to change, no matter how long that takes.  I feel lighter, mentally, physically and spiriturally.  I can assure you over-eating, also know as gluttony, does weigh more than your body down.

My Prayer:  "Thank you Lord for change.  It's hard sometimes, and sometimes it easier, it is always necessary.  I am so glad that Jesus is the same, yesterday today and forever, as your word states.  So glad you are and always will be constant and unchanging. 

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that kind of shopping trip is fun! I spent 5 hours shopping a couple of weeks ago, and bought a pair of shorts. That's it.

    ReplyDelete